• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmelancon

• ReMark

• rkent

• slouviere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same here man, its just absolutely bizarre. We have never had this issue until we started on ACAD 2014. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Well, I don't know the answer for you in this case, but I do appreciate you cutting edge folk. Hopefully, by the time our company gets around to implementing the next upgrade, all these bugs will have been worked out for us. So, thanks, and keep us posted.;)

• 1 month later...

Still interested in some answers if anybody would love to chime in. It still happens from time to time! Would love to find the core of the problem if someone has similar issues and knows what it could be! Thanks

• 2 months later...

I found this thread while searching for a cure for this problem. Happened to me for the first time today while working.

Details:

AutoCAD 2012, Windows XP. Dell Precision 390 (damn I need an upgrade). Command docked.

Problem went away when AutoCAD was closed completely and restarted, profile reset did not cure the problem. Machine had locked itself due to inactivity, problem presented on waking the machine.

Curious to know what caused it, thought it was my keyboard at first.

Had this earlier today from cold boot up. It was during first hour of use I noticed, then it just seemed to 'clear up'. (Ie: Stopped acting up effectively with no input from me) Been using 2014 for a while. While it wasn't exactly an issue, it was mildly annoying.

I'm sure in past releases of ACad they had this?

Hey guys thanks for chiming in we really appreciate it. *whispering* we have not had this issue arise in quite a while and we did nothing different. Everything is still the same. That is why I started the thread when I did because I thought it was confusing because I have never had this before. The irritating part of it is that it is totally random and unexpected. Hope Autodesk sees this and can come up with a solution! Keep us updated, and we'll do the same.

• 1 month later...

The exact same thing happens to me. Though I found a solution for myself. My 'function Lock' (F Lock) key was turned off on my keyboard. When I pressed it everything worked properly again. Odd but it worked. Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

I have had this happen to me before as well and it seems to happen when there are multiple drawings open. This problem along with some commands not showing up or not getting my crosshairs when I should during a command. Usually closing autocad And reopening it solves both problems but they will, from time to time, reappear. I have also found those lost keystrokes appearing in drawings in the background.

• 4 weeks later...

same w/ me today, suddenly couldn't use f keys, cntrl, del or enter.. (esc continued to work. ?)

was scrambling to use alternate buttons etc to get draft sent by 5pm deadline...

went to forums seeking solution, none found.

returned to acad and voila problem solved, without restarting or any other remedy.

reminds me of recurring issue with scroll zoom gone berserk...

merely clicking inside another app and returning to acad resolves the acad wheel zoom issue. (for a few days)

loss of key functionality was not seen in any other app than acad, and disappeared when going to any other app and returning to acad.

it must be a 2014 bug.

ms keyboard, setpoint mouse, acad 2014, win 8.1, new toshiba w 12 gig ram, 24" aoc monitor

________________________________________________________________________________

try my 'solution' :

-when problem arises in acad, then click in any other app window.

mouse and keyboard should work fine in other app.

click back into acad window, and keyboard and mouse function will have returned to normal.

(no restarting, rebooting or other nonsense required, two mouse clicks, and done)

_____

this is my workaround, it only takes 1/2 sec. and keeps my workflow moving, until a proper solution is found

Edited by macs

Never had the problem and I've been using 2014 for nearly a year now.

Have you installed any/all service packs for 2014?

I have only had this happen to me when I forgot to click back into the drawing I want to be in, when I have two open at once, both visible at once. In my case it is operator error.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue - I went into then to and turned off the following under AUTO TRACK SETTINGS:

Display polar tracking vector

Display full-screen tracking vector

Display AutoTrack tooltip

now I don't have an issue where an F3 will activate my F8, or vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a user that is having this issue as well. He has multiple drawings open and it is only happening in one of them. I had him close and reopen the file that was acting up and that fixed the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: To answer some of your questions/posts.

Remark; yes installed service packs, original problem still persists.

caleejr; these options have all been displayed from day one. has no effect on function keys on our end.

Dana W; we only work in single drawings only, I never have more than one drawing open at a time.

I have also recently found that the problem is not just in the function keys on the keyboard. Earlier, when the problem presented itself, instead of closing out right away and re opening my drawing I went ahead and investigated just a bit more. I actually clicked the SNAP, GRID, ORTHO, OSNAP tabs at the bottom (in no particular order). The results was the same exact as if I was using the function keys on the keyboard (i.e. if I click SNAP nothing happens but then if I click ORTHO, then SNAP toggles, then if I click GRID, then ORTHO will toggle, if I click SNAP, then GRID will toggle).

Atleast I have weened out that it is not a "function key" or "keyboard" error. It only does it maybe once or twice a day. Some days it doesn't even happen. I almost certain it is a ACAD 2014 bug that they haven't worked out yet.

If it were a bug I think we would see more complaints. I've yet to experience the problem and I can't even force it to happen (on two different systems - home & work) unless I use a piece of key programming software.

Well we have 5 CAD personnel. 4 of which are on Autocad 2014 and one that is on Autocad 2002 until his new station comes in. Only 2 of the 4 ACAD 2014 stations experience the issue daily and the other two rarely see the issue, if ever. the ACAD 2002 computer NEVER has this issue and has never had it in the past. Checked my cui and no function keys are duplicated with different keystrokes. We tried wiping clean and it still persists. We also work in isometric drawings ALL day so we are constantly using GRID ON/GRID OFF, SNAP ON/SNAP OFF, ORTHO ON/ ORTHO OFF, OSNAP ON/OSNAP OFF - working quickly throughout the day.

Every company is different so each CAD person designs in a different way using individual techniques to achieve the same product. This could be what triggers the bug, hence why you can try all day and NEVER be able to experience the problem...

Thanks for the input, we will keep hoping for a solution.