Middle mouse button problems

Tad_Thurston

When going from ACAD Civil 3d 2011 to Civil 3d 2013, my mouse middle button (scroll button) stopped working correctly. I have verified that it still works properly in the 2011 version. Before the software upgrade, rolling the middle button zoomed and if I clicked and held down the middle button and moved the mouse, that would pan. This was very efficient because you can zoom and pan all with one button. These are 2 things a drafter must continually do while drawing. Now, after the upgrade, I get a menu if I click the middle button. Very frustrating. Why would the newer ACAD version change something like that? I verified that the CUI mouse button assignments are exactly equal between the 2 versions. The only other mouse control is the Windows mouse control and I have not changed those settings.

Any help is appreciated. icon9.gif

Never mind! I found out it was the MBUTTONPAN command and you set that to 1. My IT department came through for me. :D

Never mind! I found out it was the MBUTTONPAN command and you set that to 1. My IT department came through for me. :D
I believe mbuttompan is among the customizations that should have been exported from the old version and imported into the new version. I want to guess it is in the workspace customizations. Your IT department may have been backfilling for their own mistakes. and you may yet find more. I just recently had to chase my IT guys around the room with a big stick because they forgot to migrate any customizations from my old 2008 version up to an install for AutoCAD 2014. Thankfully we are running them parallel so I could retrieve the stuff myself.