ITI Benchmark BIM with CAD MEP

khobart

Hello all I am using 2014 MEP to draft mechanical piping to support ductwork. The HVAC drafter is using Benchmark.

When I go to print, his duct work looks like crap. I've tried changing various properties in displaymanager, but still it won't turn out to look correct.

I included two images. The first one the elbows are jagged and look funny-thats when its xrefed into MEP. The second the ductwork looks great-that's when printed through benchmark.

Sometimes I need to print overlays and cant wait on him to print for me.

Any suggestions?

Upper Floor Heating Pipe HU1 (2).jpg

Upper Floor Heating Pipe-HU1.jpg

Display Manager and Style Manager controls AEC Objects only, which are native AutoCAD MEP objects. Whatever Benchmark is, I'm going to assume that the *.dwg file that is created doesn't contain native AEC Objects which is why you're having issues. I'd have to take a look at his file to get a better understanding of what's going on, then possibly come to a best-scenario solution for you.