Quantities in parts schedules

OldRed

I'm trying to produce a Bill of Materials I can send to purchasing, plumbing fittings but that's incidental. I can get the schedule working but I don't see how to have the schedule total like fittings, both size and description, and provide a total qty in a qty column. I have seen this function work with AutoCAD and some 3rd party piping software, but don't know how it was accomlished or if Revit can produce it.

Start a new Schedules/Quantities schedule. Key thing is knowing what to grab... I would grab the Family, Description and Size. Go to the Sorting/Grouping tab and uncheck "Itemize Every Instance". This will group them upon your grouping hierarchy, which I'd go Family then Desc. then Size. Or just whatever you choose. Easy peasy!!

8)

*EDIT*

Also, to "group" the totals per item, look into the "Footer" checkbox for each Group Sort option.

I was able to get the fittings to list using the uncheck "Itemize...." and including a QTY column. It was easy once I found that button.

Now to get cup pipe to total. I think I have a plan for that using formating and exporting to Excel. I'll follow up after I try it.

OK, that worked out. I formated the Revit length to read decimal feet, exported to csv, opened in Excel, and totaled everything. The next task was a little trickier, I had to combine the size and Family columns to paste into our MR form. Copied the two columns, pasted into Word, Converted Table to Text, cleaned it up and pasted back into Excel.