How do I get the right Properties Manager?

Vagulus

When I enter CTRL+1 at the command line I get this

Properties doesn't show scale.jpg

What I want is this Properties Manager

nestly's last dialog.jpg

with the capability to adjust Scale X, Y, and Z.

How do I get this one?

This might be a tupid question but, you do have something selected when you open properties? You'll only be able to manipulate geometry if you have something selected.

...... you do have something selected when you open properties? You'll only be able to manipulate geometry if you have something selected.

That was my first thought

This might be a tupid question but, you do have something selected when you open properties? You'll only be able to manipulate geometry if you have something selected.

It's not half as dumb as some of the questions I ask - but I only ask them because I don't know :)

Yes, I have something selected.

If you look at the top of the two images that you posted, you will see in the second image that a block reference was selected, and that means you see the relative properties that apply to such an object.

In the first image, no object is listed as being selected and the image displays as expected when no object is selected.

Try it again when nothing is selected and then when you have an object selected. You will also see that different objects have different types of properties.

It was my question I was referring to as possibly stupid, not yours.

The reason I ask as the image you posted suggests that nothing is selected.

Ok try unselecting your item(s) and closing the proerties pallette. Then open the proerties pallette again, try typing PR instead, then select your item(s) again and see if it picks them up this time.

Another option is to dock the Properties Palette. I'm in 2012 and it only takes up an icon's worth of space in the docking bar. Then, when I need it, which I often do, I just run my cursor over it and it pops up. I also have my Layer Manager ready this way.

@ Vagulus

Draw a line, select it, and post a screencap of the Line AND properties palette as shown below. If the Properties palette does not show the properties for the selected line, then you have another problem that we can help you fix.

Selected_Line.jpg

If you look at the top of the two images that you posted, you will see in the second image that a block reference was selected, and that means you see the relative properties that apply to such an object.

In the first image, no object is listed as being selected and the image displays as expected when no object is selected.

Try it again when nothing is selected and then when you have an object selected. You will also see that different objects have different types of properties.

It doesn't seem to make any difference.

There is no difference.jpg

That doesn't make any difference either.

OK, you have to resolve this in order for AutoCAD to function properly.

In Tools > Options > Selection is Noun/Verb selection checked? (If not, check it and see if the Properties Palette displays the Properties of a Selected object)

Have you run a registry cleaner since you installed AutoCAD?

Have you uninstalled the Autodesk360 component? (if you don't know, then you haven't)

OK, you have to resolve this in order for AutoCAD to function properly.

In Tools > Options > Selection is Noun/Verb selection checked? (If not, check it and see if the Properties Palette displays the Properties of a Selected object)

Have you run a registry cleaner since you installed AutoCAD?

Have you uninstalled the Autodesk360 component? (if you don't know, then you haven't)

Noun/Verb is checked.

I ran CClean registry cleaner yesterday but it made no difference.

Yes, I have uninstalled Autodesk360.

Registry cleaners are known to cause problems with the Properties Palette. Similarly, uninstalling Autodesk360 has been reported to sometimes cause the same error, so you're going to need to repair/reinstall AutoCAD.

Autodesk Knowledge Base article --> Properties palette blank after selecting object

Autodesk forums (related to uninstalling 360) --> Properties Palette