I need to beam complex P&IDs for client viewing

TasneemKaka

I need to beam complex P&IDs for client viewing. The drawings are in AutoCAD2012. I find it difficult to zoom and pan to the desired place. Beaming individual component P&IDs is also not an option as the client usually wants to see the enitre layout first. The entire layout, when beamed is unreadable without zooming. I was hoping for a solution similar to drilling down in databases (clubbing of data when we at the top levels and then the ability to view details when clicking on a particular cell); where only the important lines and symbols are shown at the top levels so that they can clearly be seen on beaming. Thanks a lot for your help :)

You could probably do it by being a bit creative with annotative scaling of blocks etc.

Although the better way to do it would be to setup sheets with viewports at different scales showing the different levels of details (this would require good layer management). This is what I would do.

There is no (easy) way to expand/collapse data like some project management software programs have as far as I am aware.