Is it possible to overlay a Plain and trim with Boundary?

IB1

What I have is an area which I want to cover with grass using hair and fur.

The problem is the area is made up of polygons of of many different shapes and sizes, this I expect would not look natural.

Is it possible to use a plain to construct the grass and then over lay it and cut using boundary? Is there another way of making the polygons uniform?

Just to add I use Cap on non planar holes, which results in large polygon variation. Its basically a small grass area between banks with different levels.

First off, why do you have so much geometry in there? That is extreme overkill on the triangles.

And as for adding hair and fur for the grass, that's going to kill your computer. That's way too much area to be trying to cover. If you're going to use hair and fur, you need to do it in small areas. Studio Max is just going to freeze up and crash.

If you want to do grass, there are better ways of doing it, like using mr proxy objects: http://vimeo.com/9646130