Editing arc length of revcloud.lsp after it is drawn

notredave

Hello all,

I have tons of drawings that I have to go back in and edit the arc lengths of the revision cloud command that comes with acad 2012. Is there a lisp routine out there that anyone has that would share with me to accomplish this? Or, tell me how this can be done.

Thanks in advance,

David

Since a revcloud is simply an LWPolyline with arc segments, AutoCAD no longer recognises the object as a revcloud after it has been created. In order to alter the arc length whilst retaining the appearance of a revcloud (i.e. without modifying the bulge of each arc segment), the program would need to calculate & reposition every vertex of the LWPolyline, essentially recreating the revcloud command. With this in mind, I agree with Organic that it would be simpler to redraw the revcloud.

I suspected these might be the informed responses. If you have to redraw, note that it might go faster if you create an Object, such as a RECTANGLE, then convert that to your revision cloud using the Object option. This process might be a candidate for some LISP programming, e.g., creating a bounding rectangle for a selected object, then converting that rectangle using REVCLOUD. This may be the sort of thing nod684's tip accomplishes, but someone else will have to determine that.

Just use revcloud and Object option again with the new arc length, click on the old revcloud. You should get a new revcloud with the new arc length, delete the old one. You might be able to automate this with a script or LISP.

• Like 1

Just use revcloud and Object option again with the new arc length, click on the old revcloud. You should get a new revcloud with the new arc length, delete the old one. You might be able to automate this with a script or LISP.
I didn't think of this. I do notice that it retains the old arc lengths, if they are larger, and just makes new arc lengths within the old. Could make for some interesting patterns. Fractals, anyone?

Nice idea SLW :thumbsup:

The following code should automate the task should the OP decide to follow this route:

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] c:rcupd ( [color=BLUE]/[/color] i s )
   ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] s ([color=BLUE]ssget[/color] (LM:RevCloudFilter)))
       ([color=BLUE]repeat[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] i ([color=BLUE]sslength[/color] s))
           ([color=BLUE]command[/color] [color=MAROON]"_.revcloud"[/color] [color=MAROON]"_O"[/color] ([color=BLUE]ssname[/color] s ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] i ([color=BLUE]1-[/color] i))) [color=MAROON]"_N"[/color])
       )
   )
   ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])
)

[color=GREEN];; RevCloud Selection Filter  -  Lee Mac[/color]
[color=GREEN];; Returns an ssget filter list permitting selection of revision clouds[/color]

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] LM:RevCloudFilter ( [color=BLUE]/[/color] bulge fuzz )
   ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] bulge (([color=BLUE]lambda[/color] ( a ) ([color=BLUE]/[/color] ([color=BLUE]sin[/color] a) ([color=BLUE]cos[/color] a))) ([color=BLUE]/[/color] ([color=BLUE]*[/color] 11.0 [color=BLUE]pi[/color]) 72.0))
         fuzz  1e-4
   )
   ([color=BLUE]list[/color]
      '(0 . [color=MAROON]"LWPOLYLINE"[/color])
      '(-4 . [color=MAROON]"<OR"[/color])
          '(-4 . [color=MAROON]"<NOT"[/color])
                  '(-4 . [color=MAROON]">="[/color])
                   ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 42 ([color=BLUE]+[/color] bulge fuzz))
                  '(-4 . [color=MAROON]"<="[/color])
                   ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 42 ([color=BLUE]-[/color] bulge fuzz))
              '(-4 . [color=MAROON]"OR>"[/color])
          '(-4 . [color=MAROON]"NOT>"[/color])
          '(-4 . [color=MAROON]"<NOT"[/color])
                  '(-4 . [color=MAROON]">="[/color])
                   ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 42 ([color=BLUE]+[/color] ([color=BLUE]-[/color] bulge) fuzz))
                  '(-4 . [color=MAROON]"<="[/color])
                   ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 42 ([color=BLUE]-[/color] ([color=BLUE]-[/color] bulge) fuzz))
          '(-4 . [color=MAROON]"NOT>"[/color])
   )
)

([color=BLUE]princ[/color])