Unwrap UVW

evilsorcerer1

I created some planes and bridged them together and then added a shell modifier to create a basement. Then I applied a bitmap to the walls but one wall didn't turn out right so I applied a UVW Unwrap to the object. I also have a different bitmap applied to the bottom plane to look like a concrete floor. But when I try to switch from one of the planes of the object after I fix it to another I get a box that pops up that says a modifier exists in the stack that depends on topology. I pressed the yes button and did it anyway. And the previous plane I was working on reverts to an unclear image. How do I fix that? I want to be able to fix one plane on the object and then move to anotheer plane on an object, but I have to switch to editable poly to do that. And the dialogue box keeps popping up that tells me I may get undesirable effects, and I get just that.

I typically don't apply textures until I'm pretty much done with the modeling. If you're planning on continually tweaking things, you're going to keep running into this problem. But, if you don't need the shell modifier anymore, just collapse it down to the editable poly with the UVW modifier applied. Then you will be able to make adjustments to the model without the undesirable results.

I created some planes and bridged them together and then added a shell modifier to create a basement. Then I applied a bitmap to the walls but one wall didn't turn out right so I applied a UVW Unwrap to the object.

Did you try a UVW map modifier instead of the unwrap to see if that does the trick? If you're just mapping to planes it's more straightforward.