AutoCAD LT Forum Poll

Tuns

AutoCAD LT Forum  

26 members have voted

1. 1. AutoCAD LT Forum

• Yes, I think an AutoCAD LT centralized forum is a good idea.
    • No, I don't think it is necessary for this forum to exist.

I am 100% on board with this.

I am in the exact same situation as Glen1980 and this could be a fantastic resource to send colleagues to.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tuns

• tzframpton

• neophoible

• steven-g

I'm the only 'full' Autocad user in my office. All the rest (20+) have LT and I am the go to guy in case of problems. I did also serve my time on LT so I did find some work arounds to problems and I have noticed that people do occasionally respond to LT questions with 'Full' answers. I've voted Yes BTW
Well, now I'm having second thoughts, as it would be less excusable to post an unworkable 'full' solution and then say, OOPS, sorry! :lol: Just kidding of course. This really sounds like a go to me.

A little late, but I voted "Yes".

I think it's high time some of us started helping out more with LT. There is a lot that can be done with DIESEL and a few standard DIESEL macros would go a long way to helping customise LT. Couple that with the experience of long time LT users and it would be a great forum.

It's 17 to 0 so it's time David took note ;)

I proposed the split because I don't see how CUI and macros are at all related to line types and hatches. It doesn't need to be split, I just thought it didn't fit.
OK, I see. I think the categorization is aimed at basic customization. I think a separate LT forum would be the best way to go, as the customization applies to the full version as well.

OK, I see. I think the categorization is aimed at basic customization. I think a separate LT forum would be the best way to go, as the customization applies to the full version as well.

Now that I think about it your probably right here. Maybe a AutoCAD LT forum with a few sub-forums would be the correct rout. Its up to David really :)

Only without limitation discussion of commercial programs.

They also come in handy.

Can you be more specific? The more ideas the better. Leaves a broad range to choose from.

I don't see why that kind of thing would be restricted.

AutoDesk used to get their "knickers" in a twist when people add on things to LT. They tried to sue an Australian developer iirc for adding on lisp and other tools to LT.

AutoDesk used to get their "knickers" in a twist when people add on things to LT. They tried to sue an Australian developer iirc for adding on lisp and other tools to LT.

Which I can agree with. And me agreeing with Autodesk doesn't happen very often. :)

Autodesk would still be harassing that company but the owner/programmer passed away a few years ago. It doesn't appear anyone has continued to develop the product for later releases.

I don't think the problem is with "add-ons", it's more with the "add-back-in". Something like automating scripting is extending the range of what Autocad LT can already do, but providing Lisp capability, is trying to do something that Autodesk have deliberately removed in order to offer an LT platform.

Autodesk would still be harassing that company but the owner/programmer passed away a few years ago. It doesn't appear anyone has continued to develop the product for later releases.

Yeah that was DrcAuto iirc. Looks like a similar shop has opened...

http://www.cadsta.com/

Very similar names of the products as well.

Autodesk stopped a German company from selling a product called LT Enabler which let you use LISP in LT. They came to a deal with the guy (Thorsten Moses) and dropped all litigation and in return he supplied Autodesk with a list of every person and company who had downloaded his software. The lawyers of Autodesk then wrote a very strongly worded (a threat really) letter to every one on the list promising legal action if they continued to use the software. I saw one of these letters that a neighbouring company got. I never heard if anyone was actually taken to court though.

If you buy LT you know what is missing and if that's a problem don't buy LT and go for one of the cheaper programs that can do lisp and VBA. You pay your money and take your choice.