UK & European Steel sections, Metric Hex Botls, Weld Symbols

no1_fred

I know this is an old thread guys but hope someone can help.

Im trying to use the attached lisp that you kindly added, but I get an error.

Command: (load "steels.lsp")

; error: misplaced dot on input

Can someone help.

Ultimately im trying to get access to both British and European steel sections as well as Metric Hex Bolts and weld symbols, I don't mind paying for them if someone knows a company who sells add ons etc?

Can someone help.

Ultimately im trying to get access to both British and European steel sections as well as Metric Hex Bolts and weld symbols, I don't mind paying for them if someone knows a company who had decent add ons.

Dynamic blocks, ordinary blocks, add ons, exchange apps - anything will do if its accurate and laid out well.

I have looked and everything I can find is either, OLD or Wrong.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

This is an old thread, and there are lots of new and better tools out there to use. Checkout "STL.lsp" at the Cadalyst website. And if you're using AutoCAD 2014, and if I'm not mistaken, there is a new Add-In with the Express tools which will do structural shapes.

There are tons of free tools out there to do fasteners, bolts, nuts, washers, in both Imperial and Metric. Just do a couple of searches and you'll find what you're looking for. I think most if not all of these kind of tools can be found at Cadalyst's website.

Good luck.

Sorry my last post was a bit terse, network was shutting down and I had to log off.

I know what you mean, lots of stuff in block libraries is drawn at nominal size NOT correct size.

I have attached various steel shapes, fasteners with correct head sizes, etc, etc. both here and at cadeverything.

I am now on my phone so it its awkward to add links in thos post, but do a search and you should fond them.