ProSteel dialogue boxes not remembering previous window settings...

lamensterms

Hey guys,

Not really an AutoCAD question here... But I would like to post just in case someone is familiar with this particular problem I am having.

Just the other day I switched from Windows XP, AutoCAD 2010 (with ProSteel) to Windows 7 (64bit), AutoCAD 2012 (with same version of ProSteel).

Since then I have been noticing that a specific ProSteel dialogue box (Shape/Plate Properties) always resets to it default display. Those of you familiar with ProSteel may know that the Shape/Plate Properties dialogue box has a bunch of expandable tabs/pages on the left hand side, generally speaking I would always like all of these tabs to be expanded each time I open this dialogue box. This has alway been how the 2 previous versions of ProSteel have behaved in the past, until now.

Every time I open this particular dialogue box, all the tabs/pages on the left of the dialogue box are contracted, and must be expanded if I am to access them.

Sounds like a small issue, but it is proving to have quite a large impact... with the amount of times I enter and exit this dialogue box.

I look forward to hopefully hearing back from someone who knows of this problem and has a fix.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Dadgad,

Yes I forgot to mention... I am using the same profile, CUIX and workspace as my previous machine. I have also loaded and applied all of ProSteel's setting templates to the new installation.

So, theoretically, everything should be the same... but it aint.

Thanks for the reply.

It may be something that cannot readily be fixed. Windows 7 64 bit maintains a registry branch specific to 32 bit programs. If the 32 program relies upon registry setting (which is very likely the case for dialog box sizes and positioning) it may not find the registry keys and it will always revert to default settings.

You might see if ProSteel has an update available.