Lineweight using my printer

Hello,

I'm trying to get my HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer to print my drawing when I have set the lineweights. Apparently, it won't show the heavier lines, consequently, all of the lines are the same width. I've looked and queried through Google and nothing came up relevant to my question.

Is there a way to set up Autocad to address my printer?

Thanks

Lineweight can be addressed in your drawing via the Layer Properties Manager or in your CTB or STB plot style file. If neither of those work (and I don't see that being the case) you could always change your lines to polylines via the PEDIT command and give them a "width".

I see. I went and tested the printer just using plain lines and setting different lineweights to them. My printer does print them. At the time, I was drawing a graph with a grid. Is it possible that the line I used to plot on that grid got put behind the grid line and thus only showing the grid's lineweight for the plot line?

I see. I went and tested the printer just using plain lines and setting different lineweights to them. My printer does print them. At the time, I was drawing a graph with a grid. Is it possible that the line I used to plot on that grid got put behind the grid line and thus only showing the grid's lineweight for the plot line?
Did the grid plot? Did you draw the grid? It is possible that happened. If the grid is a drawing object you can send it to the back by using the command draworder. The 'grid' established with the Grid command doesn't normally plot, I don't think. I should not say things like that because I don't use the grid ever, so I don't really know. When one line is on top of another, AutoCAD only prints the line on top, even though it might be the thinnest one. Draworder will also fix things like lines being behind hatches when you don't want them to be. Sometimes you do want objects to appear as though they are behind other objects, so draworder is a good one to remember. You also should be able to select draworder off the right click menu.

No. I created the grid using line command. I needed a grid that was geometric along the x-axis. I created the grid by "hand" and placed each line. After that, I put in the plot line and adjusted the lineweight of the plot line. The actual grid command wasn't used. I'll check my file to see what the draworder was put in after I get back from work. Thanks for all your replies. It helps.

Attach your dwg file here and make this a short thread. It would have been solved in first response (less than 20 min from asking question) by ReMark if you had attached to your original post. (which, by the way, would be a fairly slow response time. ReMark must have been busy.)

No. I created the grid using line command. I needed a grid that was geometric along the x-axis. I created the grid by "hand" and placed each line. After that, I put in the plot line and adjusted the lineweight of the plot line. The actual grid command wasn't used. I'll check my file to see what the draworder was put in after I get back from work. Thanks for all your replies. It helps.
Just confirm this in your original drawing to make sure the draw order is your only issue. If it is not, please post the drawing like JD suggested.