LT What do you use most

steven-g

They can be used in many ways. You'd have to be more specific as to what you want to do if you want to see if it can be done. Start a new thread with an idea about what you want to do. Just be warned that a diesel is far more limited than a LISP routine.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tuns

• tzframpton

• bbankston

• mwade93

I mainly use macro's for strings of commands that I use regularly, just to save time typing the same thing over and over, Diesel is useful when you are working with variables, but again I only tend to get into that when I figure it's worth the time needed to create a macro, it tends to go in spurts I'll go months without creating a macro then spend a week trying things out when it's a bit quiet at work. Same thing with blocks. I just wish the filter command and quick select were available for use in Macros.

Filter command by far. Interested in what Diesel Macro's would do and how I would use them?

Here is just a simple trick that I like to use:

^C^C^P$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,menubar),1),menubar;0;,menubar;1;)

That toggles the display of the menubar. Simple but you can do much more, Tuns posted an article a couple posts up which may be a good starting point. It does not take too much effort to get the basics down.

Here is one that I use to change the scroll wheel from pan to the snap menu and vice versa.

^C^C$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,mbuttonpan),1),mbuttonpan;0;;,mbuttonpan;1;

It can be used for more than this such as something like:

^C^CUSERI1;$M=$(+,$(getvar,USERI1),1);-attedit;y;;number;;0,1000;1000,0;;v;r;$M=$(getvar,USERI1) of 42;;^c

This will add 1 to the variable "USERI1" and then edit the attribute called "number" and change it to "X of 42" with X being the value of USERI. It's good for numbering sheets while you're drawing them. You can even use it to quickly calculate something ie:

^C^CUserr1;\$M=$(*,$(getvar,userr1),25.4)

This will ask you to enter a dimension such as 1'-4" and it will convert it to millimeters. The result will be displayed in the command line. It will say "Unknown command X" but the correct number is still there.

Me being in the HVAC and Piping industry back in the day, I used DLINE for the LT users for quick double line drafting. It also works well with joining ends open and/or closed, so architectural walls became easier. But, Tool Palettes are still best thing in LT besides Sheet Set Manager, for project related efficiency.

Me being in the HVAC and Piping industry back in the day, I used DLINE for the LT users for quick double line drafting. It also works well with joining ends open and/or closed, so architectural walls became easier. But, Tool Palettes are still best thing in LT besides Sheet Set Manager, for project related efficiency.

Many of the people here do not like annotative blocks (I use them occasionally if no else is touching the drawings), so I made on that inserts blocks from our tool palettes using an appropriate scale based on the annotation scale. It also gives them a reminder in ModeMacro area (bottom left of the screen, display the coordinates of your curser) to use the macro of they haven't since last changing the annotation scale.

I have actually set up a few MLINE styles for us when drawing high voltage lines for some of our site servicing.

Does MLINE exist in LT? I don't think so... at least the last time I used LT it didn't.

It does exist although you cannot create styles using it, but you can load the styles.

It does exist although you cannot create styles using it, but you can load the styles.
Okay so out of curiosity I went to the LT Command Reference page and I don't see MLINE... how can you initiate the MLINE tool? Is there a way, or workaround?

We have 2011 at work so it may very well have been added in a later version than what you have. Or are you looking at the command list for 2014?

I just went to the online AutoCAD LT help, which is version 2012 I think.... Here's a direct link:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadlt/enu/online-help/browse#sorted_group_d3e86.htm

This is just from pure curiosity. I like to keep my knowledge on AutoCAD and it's capabilities as up to date as possible being in the position I'm currently at with my employer. It's a good thing for me to know is all. I've also got many personal friends that call me asking about AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT questions quite often lol.

I don't got it in 2013 :(

Maybe it was something that accidentally slipped through in a few releases. As I had mentioned it doesn't have the full functionality (you can only draw and load the styles, you cannot create them).