I'm right since I wen over to 8.1

Currahee

UPDATEI know lot of people are still running XP and 7...but I cant be more impresses......... ReMark is happy with 7. but I will tell you with the 64bit and the progres of the 13 I couldnt be hapier. I put in a 2.2 gig video and I am still riunning the 2.6 CPU with 8 g of ram.....this thing is a monster, even with 2- 24" monitors. You just have to know have to configure it to run it at the optimal performance!!

I believe there are only “pre release” versions of 8.1. The Release to Manufacturers only happened a few days ago, and the free update to Win 8 is scheduled for October. It appears there will be no early release for developers.

An 8.1 update applies to all flavors of Win 8 (including Windows Phone 8 sometime down the road).

. . . .the tablet aimed mess of 8 . . . .

I’m curious, what problems have you had with Windows RT?

x86 architecture referring to PCs running normal hardware, AMD and Intel cpus. ARM architecture is hardware found in tablets, iPods, iPhones, android an WinRT units.

Does 8.1 actually have the Start menu back on the desktop? There was talk of it coming back. PC users miss it, and I am one of them. I prefer not cluttering up my desktop with a lot of program shortcuts, but without the start menu it is a little clunky to go and find them without a bunch of shortcut icons all over the desk top. I don't really mind the 'App Screen' (Start menu) but it just reminds me of my phone. When one installs a program in Win 8, the install "pins" a tile to the App Screen, AND sticks an icon on the desktop too.