Title Block Has No Defined Attributes

Kilowatt

Hi, I was given a customers title block but there are no defined attributes. I'm using AutoCad Electrical 2010. I have to double click on the title block and the edit block definition box pops up. I select the block to edit and click ok. I would like to use the enhanced attribute editor on these title blocks. Is there a way to define the attributes on this kind of title block using the enhanced attribute editor? Thanks!

There may not be any Attributes defined. I don't bother with Attributes on my AutoCAD titleblocks as there's no need, and is merely a preference that stems from the "old school" ways. Best thing to do is simply leave the project specific text inside the titleblock, then extract the sheet specific text out, and copy to each Paperspace Layout and edit as needed. Sheet specific text would be things like Sheet Number, Sheet Name, Drawn By initials, etc. Project specific would be Project Name, Project Address, Engineer Information, Client Information, etc. This way when you edit the block, you edit all the project specific items at once and leave the sheet specific items alone.

:)

I thought you were meant to use the project manager to poulate the attribute fields of title blocks in electrical. At least that is how I was trained but that may have changed since i don't actually use the project manager.

Thanks guys, but I'm really trying to find a quick way to change the title blocks info quickly. I mostly need to change the PROJ.NO, DRAWING NO., DRAWN BY, REV, DATE ETC....The project I'm currently working on has 56 SHEETS and I have to manually click on each one and change it. This is very time consuming and I need a fast way to change them. Thanks!

Thanks guys, but I'm really trying to find a quick way to change the title blocks info quickly. I mostly need to change the PROJ.NO, DRAWING NO., DRAWN BY, REV, DATE ETC....The project I'm currently working on has 56 SHEETS and I have to manually click on each one and change it. This is very time consuming and I need a fast way to change them. Thanks!

and that can all be done quite simply in the project manager.

However it sounds like the project hasn't been set up correctly so has Tanner's video helped?

LeeMac has a solution for you. Make a copy of the files in a new directory and use it on the copies to ensure you get what you want.

http://www.lee-mac.com/bfind.html