Pan Causing Deselection AutoCAD 2013

The Nickster

:itsover: I can't get it to work because in a macro you cannot pause a command, start another command, then go back to the previous command without hitting the enter key. You will just have to keep using the method I told you. :( Sorry.

You should be able to call pan transparently with 'pan. I don't see a macro that you tried so I am guessing somewhat.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tuns

• The Nickster

• nestly

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

select;'pan;

and

select;\'pan;

are the closest I can get. The first one will not let you pick before pan but it will return to the select command. The second one will let you pick before pan but will not let you return to the pan command. I've tried many variations of these and I can't find one that works.

Yeah exactly. I can't even make it work for a single pan. :oops: BUT!! I got closer...

select;\select;p;'pan;

for some reason works.... Until you hit enter at the very end...

Yeah exactly. I can't even make it work for a single pan

So this delselection issues is something you can recreate? I do >95% of my work through a viewport and have never experienced this. Can you upload a sample drawing?

So lets make sure I'm clear on the problem. After you select objects, you cannot press and hold the middle button (wheel) to pan without the objects being de-selected?

Deselect.gif

Well that does work for me but he is saying it deselects when he uses the scroll wheel so I was trying to find a solution for him using the button. I don't see what his problem could be other than the fact that he may not be using the scroll wheel like he says.

OK, then I'm still not sure of the issue. I thought the problem was the deselection of objects when depressing the the scroll wheel to execute a pan. (as is the case in the 4 links I posted earlier where the problem seems to be drawing corruption and/or dense hatches)

His issue is it is deselecting no matter what. He posts two pictures showing this. I couldn't really understand the issue either so I'm about as lost as you are.

His issue is it is deselecting no matter what. He posts two pictures showing this. I couldn't really understand the issue either so I'm about as lost as you are.

I don't think I agree with your assessment. The only 2 pics I see are in post #8 and labeled before and after "panning with wheel" respectively. As with the those in the other threads, I did not get the impression it's a universal problem, rather it's drawing/viewport specific.

The drawing you posted also didn't exhibit any odd behavior for me, the objects stayed selected whether panning with the wheel, or rolling it.

Maybe I'm still missing something, hopefully OP can clear it up.

Here ya go nestly. It's just a bunch of random lines I slapped down but it has that same problem.
So when you said it 'has that same problem' what did you actually mean, it does sort of imply that you had recreated the same thing. ;)

More likely than not it's a corrupt drawing file.. judging by what I've read. Yeah you're right Nestly I did assess the situation incorrectly, sorry about that.

Edited by Tuns