Layiso settings option doesn't show on command line

walterplinge

When I run LAYISO on the command line, It returns 'Select Objects on the layer to be isolated'

It doesn't give an option of 'or [settings].

On my colleague's machine it does give the 'or [settings] option.

Both machines plain ACAD 2009.

What is the system variable that controls this behaviour?

(I want to select Vpfreeze in paperspace viewport use.)

When I run LAYISO on the command line, It returns 'Select Objects on the layer to be isolated'

It doesn't give an option of 'or [settings].

On my colleague's machine it does give the 'or [settings] option.

Both machines plain ACAD 2009.

What is the system variable that controls this behaviour?

(I want to select Vpfreeze in paperspace viewport use.)

Type _layiso. (use the leading underscore) or use dynamic input, then see the down arrow, press the down arrow key on the keyboard.

You can't have the objects already selected to get the full options list, I don't think. At least it won't work for me either in LT if I already have something selected.

I tried dynamic input (F12), no change. I tried down arrow, no change.

This is what I get when I type in _LAYISO and then settings with no object selected:

QUOTE:

Command: _layiso

Select object(s) on the layer(s) to be ISOLATED:

Select objects: settings

*Invalid selection*

Expects a point or

Window/Last/Crossing/BOX/ALL/Fence/WPolygon/CPolygon/Group/Add/Remove/Multiple/P

revious/Undo/AUto/SIngle

Select objects:

UNQUOTE

I'm sure it's some really simple but obscure setting, but I'm flummoxed.

RE: Layiso settings option doesn't show on command line

I think I've just solved it. When I first run LAYISO after starting Autocad I get the message:

Command: layiso

Initializing...

AutoCAD Bonus Layer Tools Loaded.

UNQUOTE

It seems my ACAD setup was loading an old ACAD lisp routine bnslayer.lsp where it defined the LAYISO command without the settings option. This dated back to R14 (1998!). We have a custom lisp file (along with the acad.lsp file) which loads all our menubars etc and bnslayer.lsp was included. I commented this command out of our custom lisp file, Now when I LAYISO I get the settings options. It seems I never noticed the lack of settings until I wanted to change them.

Thanks everybody.

RE: Layiso settings option doesn't show on command line

I think I've just solved it. When I first run LAYISO after starting Autocad I get the message:

Command: layiso

Initializing...

AutoCAD Bonus Layer Tools Loaded.

UNQUOTE

It seems my ACAD setup was loading an old ACAD lisp routine bnslayer.lsp where it defined the LAYISO command without the settings option. This dated back to R14 (1998!). We have a custom lisp file (along with the acad.lsp file) which loads all our menubars etc and bnslayer.lsp was included. I commented this command out of our custom lisp file, Now when I LAYISO I get the settings options. It seems I never noticed the lack of settings until I wanted to change them.

Thanks everybody.

I am glad you found it then. There's no way we would have. Always suspect a lisp when things are really bizarre.;)

Just so you know, if there is such an override via LISP, you should still be able to invoke the AutoCAD command using a "." prefix. You see this often in LISP routines, along with the underscore "_" character for language control. In this case, using "._LAYISO" should work even while the renamed version is available.

I didn't know that.

I knew about the underscore _COMMAND for the language.

And the hyphen -COMMAND which keeps the dialogue in the command line instead of opening a dialogue window.

But not the dot .COMMAND to make sure the ACAD version of the COMMAND runs.

What other command prefixes don't I know?