Layers Keep Locking

WERDNA

Hi there, I isolated layers to help clear out a drawing, since then I have had nothing but hassle with locked layers, :ouch: No matter how many times I unlock them, they lock up again, :cry: if I create a new layer it comes in locked, :? if I change a line to a differant layer it locks up, :shock: I have tried creating a few simple layers, then copying and pasting the layout into a new drg file, still the problem exists, it is costing me a lot of time having to keep doing this, can anyone help/advise?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WERDNA

• Dadgad

• Barneel

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not a read only and according to layer manager it is unlocked, :?. Left clicking does switch it on or off, but regardless, once I have either closed the drg or changed the layer the line was on, it goes back to showing the locked symbol when hovering over lines, it is very odd. Could it be a security setting of some sort?

It's not a read only and according to layer manager it is unlocked, :?. Left clicking does switch it on or off, but regardless, once I have either closed the drg or changed the layer the line was on, it goes back to showing the locked symbol when hovering over lines, it is very odd. Could it be a security setting of some sort?

Please try the LAYUNISO command. :)

I have carried out layer uniso command, (many times) but still no joy. It may be unlocked briefly but for some reason reverts back to the padlock symbol when hovering over the line. I would attach a file to allow interrogation but cant see a link to carry that out?

I have carried out layer uniso command, (many times) but still no joy. It may be unlocked briefly but for some reason reverts back to the padlock symbol when hovering over the line. I would attach a file to allow interrogation but cant see a link to carry that out?

Click on GO ADVANCED, then MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. Try repeating the LAYISO command before you run LAYUNISO. I have know LAYUNISO to fail to release an isolated layer, it really confused me for a couple of minutes when it happened. :|

AFAIK, LAYUNISO will only work if it is the same drawing session.

What has happened is when you used LAYISO you did not follow that up with LAYUNISO. New layers take on the properties of the current or selected layer(not quite sure on that at the moment) and since most of your layers are locked the new one is also locked. I would suggest you select all your layers, CTRL+A while in the layer manager, and unlock them. Relock any that you normally keep locked.

Might you have saved a VIEW which included a LAYER SNAPSHOT inadvertently? Rob's guess sounds like a likely scenario, file saved while layers were still isolated, thus essentially creating a layer filter. :beer:

I was able to not only unlock all the layers but I was also able to create new (unlocked) layers. I saved the drawing under a new name and opened it. All layers remained unlocked. Not sure why you are experiencing any problems. I'm using 2013 this morning but save to 2010 file format. BTW...I did not use LAYUNISO or any other commands mentioned in this thread.

I had problems with it returning to a locked state at first, but after saving the file under a new name, as ReMark said, I had no problems. I even managed to rip apart your drawing for you.

sdf.jpg

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean.

On the off chance this might be your problem: on your drawings when you're editing the sht frame it locks the drawing, and when you're editing the drawing it locks the sht frame. A shortcut to switch between the two is simply double clicking on either the frame or drawing (I think I got caught out by this when I was first looking at your drawings - mine don't do that). Is it possible you're accidentally doing this? :s

Have you gone to paperspace 1st FLR tab and hovered over the drg sht frame? I am getting the padlock symbol even though it states in L.M. that it is unlocked.

Yes I have and no padlock symbol shows up. Layer Manager is fine too.

It was just a query, it is happening in paperspace as well as model space, layer manager is saying the layer is unlocked yet padlock symbol is showing when hovering over the lines. When opening the file it is locking all the layers, yet layer manager is saying they are unlocked, very strange.

Thanks for all the replies, I will keep digging, go back and see if it has something to do with the original drg.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean.

On the off chance this might be your problem: on your drawings when you're editing the sht frame it locks the drawing, and when you're editing the drawing it locks the sht frame. A shortcut to switch between the two is simply double clicking on either the frame or drawing (I think I got caught out by this when I was first looking at your drawings - mine don't do that). Is it possible you're accidentally doing this? :s