Grid bubble doesnt exist and i have tried everything plz help :( revit 2013

Mena__99

hi i have just installed revit 2013

and my first lesson is to make some grids .. when i tried this i have realized my grids doesnt have a bubble or a number on them :(

i have tried everything .. everything seems to be working fine i have check all stuff in this thread

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/10/tips-for-missing-grid-lines.html

all good nothing wrong but still my bubble doesnt exist .. plz help me as fast as u can , i am in collage and i suppose to be working on my project so i need to learn that program as fast as i can ! (( i cant even pass the first lesson :( ))

qqqqqqqqqqqq.jpg

qqqqq2.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mena__99

• RobDraw

• tzframpton

• irneb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to go away from my computer for a few hours. Try to figure it out and I will check back in a while.

do u want me to cry ? ... iam not a crying person but i will cry if u werent nice to me .. :'( :'( xD

came on man tell me where is this loading crap .. all i can see the load( project thing ) :/ :/

First off, start with a Default Template and you won't have this problem. What you've done is start with a literal Blank Template. So, you have no Loadable Families loaded for your System Families.

:)

*EDIT*

Also note, that sometimes installations go wrong where no default Revit content gets installed. So the root of your troubles is the fact that you literally don't have what you need to even get started. If that's the case, we can surely help you along in assuring your installation was successful.

Here is a video showing the differences in selecting a Blank Template, and a Default Template. Obviously, ours is custom and well defined, but Revit comes with decent Templates right out of the box. See here:

http://screencast.com/t/urSIYh27yh1u

thxx but , somehow i dont have any of those templates ... i only have one option "none" :/

but when i load someother file .. i can see the bubble came up but in that file i loaded .. but in my file i dont have it :/

alsoo please tell me where the Metric Liberary location ???

do u want me to cry ? ... iam not a crying person but i will cry if u werent nice to me .. :'( :'( xD

came on man tell me where is this loading crap .. all i can see the load( project thing ) :/ :/

There is no crying in CAD. Only mouse slamming and keyboard smashing. You don't need this forum to find out how to insert a family. A quick Google search will give you multiple ways to do it.

Here are the Out of the Box templates for 2013:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4989089/US%20Metric.zip

This is what I meant by "Default Templates". The Template you saw on my screenshare was our own company Template. Templates have preloaded items that are already set up for you to use. If you're coming off an AutoCAD design background, Revit will be very foreign to you. Understanding Families and how the Revit interface is set up will be the most challenging, alongside Visibility/Graphics being equally as hard to grasp. Once you do, it'll make things much better.

Granted, I still think you have an installation problem. If you go to R > Options > File Locations you can see where the default directories are path'd. Navigate with Windows Explorer to these locations to see if your Content is actually installed. You should see *.rte files for Revit Templates, and *.rfa files for Revit Families. I fear the link I posted only enables your problem, instead of fixing your problem. It'll definitely get you "started" with the basics.

Respond back with your results. :)

Here are the Out of the Box templates for 2013:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4989089/US%20Metric.zip

This is what I meant by "Default Templates". The Template you saw on my screenshare was our own company Template. Templates have preloaded items that are already set up for you to use. If you're coming off an AutoCAD design background, Revit will be very foreign to you. Understanding Families and how the Revit interface is set up will be the most challenging, alongside Visibility/Graphics being equally as hard to grasp. Once you do, it'll make things much better.

Granted, I still think you have an installation problem. If you go to R > Options > File Locations you can see where the default directories are path'd. Navigate with Windows Explorer to these locations to see if your Content is actually installed. You should see *.rte files for Revit Templates, and *.rfa files for Revit Families. I fear the link I posted only enables your problem, instead of fixing your problem. It'll definitely get you "started" with the basics.

Respond back with your results. :)

thankss alot man i really appraciate ur help iam downloading now ur file as iam speaking and yes i have noticed my installation problem .. i tried to reinstall the whole revit it gave me same result no metric library and i have searched my whole computer for any (.rte) files i only find some for autocad and some in the revit dvd but not installed once

tring to manual installing those metric library .. i have navgated to my DVD and i have noticed that the Metric library are actully located in G:\x64\RVT2013 where there is a file named RVT2013.MSI that suppose to be the one to install it .. so i double clicked on it and i keep getting this error

Error 1606. could not access network location program.

and from this point i started to google and try every fix for microsoft and registery cleaners and everything but sadly nothing worked :(

so iam thinking maybe i can get an extracted one for ( US,uk and Egypt Metric lybrary ) if i can because iam in egypt and my collage project depends on our country standers and the international once ..

maybe u can help me with that .. i will be really appraciated

if u want to know what do i know and what i have tried for error 1606 check that link i posted on microsoft discriping the problem and some of the methods i tried and failed to fix it

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/error-1606-could-not-access-network-location/9f35491d-d289-455a-a9b8-500eab896a7d?tm=1380074209377

i really appraciate ur attention .. i am so glad that u are trying to fix it with me. thanks alot :)

it seems to be a similar to mine but the error is 1603 not 1603 .. which is confusing :/

mine the revit is working the installation comleted with some errors but .. in the end i dont have my templates nor my metric library and i dont know what else have failed to get installed :/

Did you read the post about being connected to the internet while doing the installation? That is how to get the content.

i were connected while i were installing it.. but i still dont have the content :/

i were connected while i were installing it.. but i still dont have the content :/
Are you on subscription? If so you can download the content files from ADesk's subs site. I've found that installing from DVD sometimes gives this issue, but when installing from the downloaded file it doesn't happen. Perhaps some sort of bug where the DVD doesn't know it's got the content, even though it may already be there.

Alternatively, the MSI files on your DVD is just a special type of ZIP file which Microsoft uses as their installation packages. You may try double clicking it or you can get viewers/extractors for these by googling. Once you've uncompressed them and got the files inside, move them to any folder you'd like and set Revit to point to those for the templates and/or families. Better yet, move them into the folders Revit's already pointing to.

Anyhow, it is possible to use a blank template to start from. But you will require some files as you'd need to recreate all the tags, not to mention a lot of time to setup everything - but you'll definitely learn a lot more this way too. E.g. the grid bubble would be an Annotation Symbol: R -> New -> Annotation Symbol. This opens a file dialog where you need to choose the starting blank file. E.g. on mine I open the Metric Grid Head.rvt file (in this folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Family Templates\English\Annotations).

If you don't have the Metric version, you can use the imperial and change its units under the Manage ribbon tab.

Once you've got that it should be a blank file with 2 reference planes defining the origin and some text to explain what to do. Delete the text (once you've read it) and start designing your grid bubble by drawing lines, arcs, etc. Then place Labels to show the items you want to display for each grid. When you've finished, save this to a filename of your choosing.

If you've already opened a project or started one, you can load this newly created grid head into your project by simply clicking the "Load into Project" button (should be the right-most one on the ribbon). Otherwise once you've opened / created a project go to the Insert tab and click "Load Family", browse to where you saved the grid bubble.

After you've got grid bubble loaded you should be able to choose it as the grid type's Symbol.

This is how you'd setup your own stuff from scratch. But note, you'd require a lot of time to create everything. Much quicker to try and get a decent template and only change those things you don't like.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Family Templates\
If this folder doesn't exist or doesn't contain anything, come back here and we'll try to find out why.

• 3 weeks later...
If this folder doesn't exist or doesn't contain anything, come back here and we'll try to find out why.

no iam not subscribled to autodesk .. also there is nothing in that folder except two empty folders (english and English_I ) .. both of them are empty