Copyclip from fix location and paste in desired location Autocad

subodh_gis

How can we copy an object in a drawing and paste it at multiple places using Autolisp.

I have a dwg template that having many symbols in it.

i have to use that symbols again and again in drawing.

which symbol i want to use i select it than right click and copy and paste where i want to use. same thing happens for all the symbols whenever i need them.

can we directly copy a particular object (hatch symbols, block etc) and paste it wherever we need it using Autolisp. We don't want to go to the original symbol location to select it and copy it to paste where we want to use it using Autolisp.:

roll:

If its a block then you can just insert a new block but with same attribute values, alternative is to use the COPY command rather than Copyclip, again you can copy the block based on say two different pt methods either insert pt or picked point to new point.

To copy different type of objects may require different pick pts eg hatch 1st point identifies hatch pattern 2nd point is base point 3rd point is new pt. A block pick block pick new insert point only 2 pts.

Are you saying that one of each of your objects is already inserted at fixed points in the drawing with all the parameters already correct, but that it is too much trouble to go find a particular one, that instead you want a routine that will already know where a particular object is and start copying it when you pick it from a list? It will probably be much clearer if you just show a few examples and step through what should happen. How many different objects are there?

When you copy an object using the right-click (shortcut) menu it is always available (from the Clipboard) for as many times as you need it until such time as you copy a different object. After using the shortcut menu to Paste your first copy of the object as quickly as you can hit the space bar or Enter key you can insert additional copies of the object into your drawing. You do not have to right-click and select Paste from the shortcut menu every time. In a matter of 10 seconds a user could easily insert 20 of the same object. What could be faster than that?

Want to make the process even easier? Use the Copy Multiple command found in your Express Tools under the heading Modify. You can invoke the command by typing COPYM at the command line.

Thanks dear

You are right dear but the problem is that there are many symbols to copy and paste in various places so to copy a symbol i have to go to that object location then i have to come back to the location where i want to paste.Every time i have to go to the object location to copy that, so that is why i need a lisp that can copy a particular object so that i can insert it without going to its location to copy it.

There are many ways to select an existing block or a predrawn assembly in another dwg, the simplest is to just use INSERT and pick from list.

You can have tool palletts with all you blocks just sitting there ready for you to use, we use a custom dialouge which visually shows our blocks and you just pick it.

You can have short cuts say like type "I1" inserts block 1 "I2" block 2 and so on.

I am not sure you understand correctly the use of inserting blocks.

blocks.JPG

can we directly copy a particular object (hatch symbols, block etc) and paste it wherever we need it using Autolisp. We don't want to go to the original symbol location to select it and copy it to paste where we want to use it using Autolisp.:

roll:

Such a thing is possible, if you really need it. Post your drawing, the one with ALL of the symbols where they will be for copying. Then perhaps someone will come along with a routine to retrieve them for your copying needs.