AutoCAD 2014 Batch Plot

cad_cow

Help!!!!! I have just switched over to 2014 and i cannot for the life of me get my batch plot to plot PDF's to a single file! Instead, it's printing all 37 layouts separate. I tried switching between multi-file & single file in the publish options, but nothing!

I cannot remember what the trick is.....i know that it took me a while to perfect my settings the last time i set up a new version, but i am struggling to work it out now.

I find the setting for batch plot not very user friendly at all....

• 1 month later...

Im in the opposite boat!! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to batch 325 of them into INDIVIDUAL FILES with their same respective DWG drawing name as the PDF name. PLEASE HELP!??! Its plotting all into one individual file!

Ok well I seemed to have figured it out with a little poking around. IT was the PUBLISHCOLLATE variable. It was set to one, which will keep 1 file with multiple sheets, I had to set it to '0' for single sheets. Now my other dilemma, how do I set it to name the PDF automatically based on the DWG name instead of me having to hit enter 325 times to "OK" the name of the PDF.. HELP!?!

Hey SLW,

Thanks for your swift reply, The Name, and Naming rows are showing N/A and I cannot click them. Any other ideas? Other than click "OK" 325 times?

But wouldnt that be Multiple Sheets in a single file? I need all 325 drawings to be 325 individual pdf's with the same name as the DWG name. Will that work?

I selected all drawings in my publish dialog box. Then I selected 'Publish Options'... When set to SINGLE SHEET, which is what I need, it shows N/A... If I select Multiple Sheet File, it will allow me to specify name and stuff but I do not want a multiple sheet file. I am wanting 325 separate files all with the name to correspond with the drawing that it was PDF'd from. I tried the way you are talking about (I selected just 10 for a test run)... It put them all in 1 file... Any other ideas to save me from 325 enter presses?

Well I tried for a little while to figure something doing tests with 10 drawings and nothing I did was yielding the single pdfs with auto pdf naming being the same as its corresponding drawing. It didnt take me as long as I thought, Autocad was spitting those PDFs out. Im impressed. I thought I was going to spend all afternoon pressing enter.

Anyways, now that that's over with, maybe we can take our time to find a solution.. Ok so you added say (10) drawings to your publish dialog? Set it to Single Sheet, and it DID allow you to auto create the name? If so then maybe we can walk through to see what is being done wrong on my end. Thanks SLW