How to print multiple tiles/drawings in 1shot ?

cyril_13

Ok, i get most of it :)

So I have resized my viewport and model, have everything perfectly set up in my layout.

Now, how do I create the same laout but for the tile MOT-2a (based on 1a) ?

I copy MOT-1a and get MOT-1a(2), rename it in MOT-2a but still have the 1a drawing.

To change it I have to unlock the viewport and move the model to have the 2a displayed right ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cyril_13

• ReMark

• maratovich

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cyril_13

For creation of viewports it is possible to use lisp.

Lisp is enclosed.

vplo.lsp

How to use lisp it is specified in video:

In your drawing of a problem with Hatch.

When printing because of Hatch there is very long regeneration of drawing:

2.JPG

If you have many such files, you can send them to me on a mail.

I will keep quickly them in.pdf

Only the polyline should transfer to Defpoints layer.

I will do so:

P.S. cyril_13 you from what country?

vplo.lsp

Hi maratovich,

Thanks very much for the videos !!! I'm currently trying to follow the first one step by step.

It works well until 1:11. I have pretty much the same thing than you, but my viewport (the pink frame) is very small compared to yours.. it does not fill the entire page. Have I missed a step here ?

95tz.jpg

P.S : I'm from France.

cyril_13

For creation of viewports it is possible to use lisp.

Lisp is enclosed.

vplo.lsp

How to use lisp it is specified in video:

In your drawing of a problem with Hatch.

When printing because of Hatch there is very long regeneration of drawing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44478[/ATTACH]

If you have many such files, you can send them to me on a mail.

I will keep quickly them in.pdf

Only the polyline should transfer to Defpoints layer.

I will do so:

HI !

So, I went through the first video, it's very clear to me now, thank you very much !

(Do I have to select the layout print properties for each layout ou can I copy/paste the plotting options: scale to paper, center plot.. ?)

Now, I'm focussing on the batch printing...

I guess it's not possible to "select" multiple layouts and have them printed at once..?

In your second video, if I get it right, you're printing places based on their geographic position.

What is the software you're using ? (didn't find anything for "PEBPC" or the russian version "реверс").

Is it part of Autocad ?

Did you send maratovich a full copy of your drawing? It seems like he is inquiring about hatching in the area of the drawing the red arrows are pointing to.

Yes, I sent him the dwg file. (he made the videos with it)

The hatching area is not a big problem now as I've seen how to size the drawing to my paper in layout with maratovic's first video.

So if it has a link to the hatch, no big deal anymore :)

Do I have to select the layout print properties for each layout ou can I copy/paste the plotting options: scale to paper, center plot.. ?

I ask you to write short phrases.

At first it is necessary to establish all settings of 1 layout.

Then to press the button - to apply to layout.

And then to copy this leaf.

And then to create viewports

I guess it's not possible to "select" multiple layouts and have them printed at once..?

For this purpose it is necessary to use Publish

In your second video, if I get it right, you're printing places based on their geographic position.

The program looks for polylines.

On coordinates of polylines printing is made.

Polylines can be different and are in any place of drawing.

What is the software you're using ? (didn't find anything for "PEBPC" or the russian version "реверс").

Is it part of Autocad ?

Russian name "PEBEPC".

English "REVERS" (as reversive movement on the highway)

Program site -http://www.kdm-info.narod.ru/revers.html

This external addition to AutoCAD.

I warn - in English Windows it wasn't tested.

If it is required to you I can remake into English.

By the way, what is the meaning of the red arrows on your drawing above ?

When printing very long regeneration.

If to remove that is specified by shooters, printing fast.

The mistake means in this primitive.

You have a filling by color.

It is necessary to use usual HATCH. ( command _HATCH)

Concerning реверс, I cannot install softwares on my computer.

I will use the publish command, it seems quite easy.

I will let you know if it works :)

Thanks for your advices !

ARRRRRG!

I just read through this thread.

Here's how I would do it.

1) Have a set of consistant borders around all your tiles in model space.

2) Create a single paperspace layout, delete all other layout tabs (for now) this will be our template paperspace.

3) Label the tab: "text-(1)" text is whatever you want it to be, the number in the parenthesis will increment when we create new tabs. in a later step.

4) setup your paper space in page setup manager. set the plotter, plot to extents, or whatever, so that the paper space is displayed in the correct size and orientation and will plot out how you want it to plot out.

5) draw a viewport on the the paper space. draw it to the ccorrect ratio of your border. don't worry about the size now, we will adjust the size of the VP later.

6) double click inside the VP to switch to model space, select one of your borders and click on zoom to object.

7) here is the trickey part. note that zoom to object leaves the object slightly smaller than the VP window. So if you have the VP set at the exact dimensions of your border, the border will still be small because it doesn't expand to the full edge of the VP. Switch back to P-Space, draw a line over a known distance on your border in p-space. select and drag that off a bit, but still inside the boundaries of your border. now if this line should be, say 14" long on your finished drawing, but it is only 13.75, then you will need to increase the size of your viewport.

8 ) select the viewport and scale by refrence, then, using the line you drew enter the actual length it should be. after scaliong the viewport, delete that extra line you drew for refrence purposes.

9) your viewport should now be scaled so that when you select a border and zoom to object, that border will be the proper size in the layout. double check this.

10) go back to model space inside the viewport and zoom out to the drawing extents. do this before you start copying the layouts.

11) right click on the layout tab and make a copy, move to the end. Select BOTH layout tabs, right click, copy and move to the end. you will now have four tabs numbered text-(1) to text-(4). select all four, repeat and repeat again untill you get all your layout tabs copied.

12) go to each layout tab, click into m-space in the viewport and zoom to object for the appropriate tile border.

14) lock it down., move on to the next layout tab.

15) use Publish to printout all your layouts at once.