Pline entity with error - (the offset command doesn't work)

CafeJr

Guys,

Attached here I have one drawing with a pline exported from another software, I receive a lot of this kind of entity with the same error, someone know's how to fix it, or it's possible redraw it with another line but as the same format!...

(Try to do a offset of 20 mm about that entity, to both sides, not works)

It's possible work with a lisp to redraw it?

Thanks...

Entity with error.dwg

That's odd, I am not seeing a break in the polyline when I do it?

EDIT - Nevermind, I just tried again and the polyline is now breaking. It works with smaller offsets, so I'm guessing it has to do with the dimensions.

That's odd, I am not seeing a break in the polyline when I do it?

CheSyn, maybe could be the AutoCad version!... I'm working with AutoCad 2010...

Attached you can see another one!...

For small steps in some cases it works, but, in some cases!!!...

Pline error.jpg

Entity with error 2.dwg

I was intrigued, so I had a go. First of all I converted to r2000 with DWG TrueView. Then I offset in 5 units each side, and finally went to 40 offset each side. No breaks at all with both files.

They must have "improved" things since r2002 :shock:

NoBreakOffset.JPG

I was intrigued, so I had a go. First of all I converted to r2000 with DWG TrueView. Then I offset in 5 units each side, and finally went to 40 offset each side. No breaks at all with both files.

They must have "improved" things since r2002 :shock:

You did it with the two attached files? The last one is the worst of each... So, as I told I receive it from anther program, I don't know if convert it will help or I'll lose "datas"!... I can't change any features from these pelines!...

:huh:

Yes. Here is a picture of the second file, with offsets at 5mm spacing up to 30mm each side. I have no breaks.

:facepalm: I have no idea about what's going on!... It happens with other colleagues using the same version of AutoCad here at my office!...

OK, here is food for thought. I uploaded your original drawings into AutoCAD 360, and first of all zoomed into one of the curved shapes. And then tried to offset.

It seems that up-to-date AutoCAD does not like your entity, whereas the old AutoCAD just plods along.

EntityAcad360.jpg

OffsetAcad360.jpg

OK, here is food for thought. I uploaded your original drawings into AutoCAD 360, and first of all zoomed into one of the curved shapes. And then tried to offset.

It seems that up-to-date AutoCAD does not like your entity, whereas the old AutoCAD just plods along.

Wowwwww... What's that!?... He he he... So, if you explode the entity (second one), you'll see a group of 1486 entities, maybe it could be the problem!!!...

I have not yet found the Explode button in AutoCAD 360, but in the converted version, I get 1186 lines when I explode your second drawing.

Are you allowed to 'Save As' the original entity down to a lower version, and then try to use that ?

I have not yet found the Explode button in AutoCAD 360, but in the converted version, I get 1186 lines when I explode your second drawing.

Are you allowed to 'Save As' the original entity down to a lower version, and then try to use that ?

Allowed? I don't know, I guess that's possible!... I'll try it, but, I need to came back to 2010 to work with the end offset line (the line with 20mm of offset), it could result in another wrong entity!...

If I offset 5mm, then 5mm from the previous until 20mm is reached, the polyline displays without any issues. If directly offsetting 20mm, the polyline will not display correctly.

If I offset 5mm, then 5mm from the previous until 20mm is reached, the polyline displays without any issues. If directly offsetting 20mm, the polyline will not display correctly.

Yes, with steps of 1 or 0.1 it works until you reach the 20mm (do it on 20 plines like that for each one, it's sooooo cool!... He he he...), and, as I told you, it does not always work, in some cases neither small steps help!... It's necessary to break the polyline or create another one drawing a contour and using the bpoly command to create a region with that shape...

Creating new region.jpg

:(

eldon, just to your knowledge I was tried to use a old version to save the file, guess you what happened?... Noooopppp... doesn't work!... I'd tryed with 2000 version.

I am amazed how differently the various versions work, or perhaps it is the computer. Mine may have super powers.

I started afresh, downloaded your second file, converted it with DWG TrueView, opened it in my AutoCAD 2002, and offset 50mm both sides straight away without going in steps. The top offset was perfect, but the bottom one has got a break!!!!!

50OffsetBothSides.JPG

Could be the user (me, obviously), not the Cad version!... Ha ha ha... I have no idea about what's happening!... But, as brazilian guys says: I'm brazilian, so, brazilian never give up!... He he he...

Edited by CafeJr

Look that!...

I found one issue about 2010 pline trouble, it's on this link:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=29893.0 (AutoCAD 2010 quick fix reminder for polyline issues)

;Acad2010doc.lsp
;===============================================================================
; Turn off command line responses
(setvar "CMDECHO" 0)
;===============================================================================
(command "convert" "Polyline" "All")
(prompt"\n Converted polylines to fix 2010 formatting.....\n")
; Turn on command line responses
(setvar "CMDECHO" 1)

This command convert don't works...

Looking for it, I noticed that with the properties command, it show me that polyline is a "polyline" as I expect, but, when I saw the properties using list command it is a LWPOLYLINE...