Help needed with a Macro please

Cad2762

15+ years ago I was creating custom menu pull downs for out team, using Autoexec.bat, creating script files etc but since being very unwell about 3 years ago I now find it harder to consentrate on this type of thing, I have no problem turing by drawing out day after day but do now struggle a bit with this type of thing.

So somewhere in the script file you got a listing of files in a directory displaced to your screen, then the script paused for your input (file name) after which it continued to open the file?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad2762

• ReMark

• Tuns

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I'm not mistaken, the macro will wait for the LISP to finish before continuing about it's own business. I can't see a batch file working that way because it's pretty much a macro. I don't think it can open a specific folder like that in AutoCAD. ReMark's option seems like it would probably be the best solution. You can also add that folder to your favorites then whenever you start the IMAGEATTACH command you just click favorites and it's right there.

This may work as you need it to, you will have to create a file in that folder called "test.jpg" which the macro inserts then deletes, it then repeats the IMAGE command and stops at the prompt to attach a file, when you press enter it opens up the dialogue box looking at the last folder that was used. (issuing the enter from within the macro makes it also try to insert the last used image)

^C^C^C-image;a;"M:/DATA/AERIAL_PHOTOS/2012/84235/RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg/test.jpg";10,10;1;0;erase;l;;-image;

I think I know what you want and I am about do it for my work place we have PDF maps (read image also) which are external service authority maps continuously updated, what we will have is a simplified city map with grid map co-ords as text shown just zoom to approx the street required pick the grid text and the correct pdf is automatically inserted at correct scale at the grid co-ords.

I did this years ago and using a lisp is so easy as you read the value in this case of the required image file and like all the macros posted just make it work, it had a multi layer multi map menu a poor mans GIS. Does your images have geo referencing using a JGW as this can be included via a separate lisp that scales and moves the image to real world co-ords.

Thinking out the square you can have separate dwg file that pops opens to pick the correct image grid but the image is inserted in the current drawing.

It will be a few days though before I can do it. Is this what your after.

This may work as you need it to, you will have to create a file in that folder called "test.jpg" which the macro inserts then deletes, it then repeats the IMAGE command and stops at the prompt to attach a file, when you press enter it opens up the dialogue box looking at the last folder that was used. (issuing the enter from within the macro makes it also try to insert the last used image)

^C^C^C-image;a;"M:/DATA/AERIAL_PHOTOS/2012/84235/RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg/test.jpg";10,10;1;0;erase;l;;-image;

Thanks Steven, looked liked it could work but no luck, below is a copy from the command window.

Command: -image

Enter image option [?/Detach/Path/Reload/Unload/Attach] : a

Enter image file name to attach:

"M:/DATA/AERIAL_PHOTOS/2012/84235/RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg/test.jpg"

Image not found.

Enter image file name to attach: 10,10

Image not found.

Enter image file name to attach: 1

Image not found.

Enter image file name to attach: 0

Image not found.

Enter image file name to attach: erase

Image not found.

Enter image file name to attach: l

Image not found.

Invalid or unsupported image file.

Enter image file name to attach: -image

Image not found.

Did you create an image file called "test.jpg"

EDIT -- I even tried this on the network here at work and it works without problems

Did you create an image file called "test.jpg"

EDIT -- I even tried this on the network here at work and it works without problems

Yes I did create the test.jpg

Hi All I'm trying to do is cut out the time it takes to manually browse to the folder on our network where our Aerial Photograpy JPEGS are stored by using the AutoCad CUI and have a custom pull down menu that takes me straight to the folder called RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg_Tiles

This seems to work though using the Design Centre, needs a little tweaking though.

(command "._adcnavigate" "M:/DATA/AERIAL_PHOTOS/2012/84235/RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg_Tiles")