Small but subtle addition

tzframpton

I'm not sure when this was implemented, but in AutoCAD 2014, anything you select and in Properties, whatever category that you want to change or override, as your mouse hovers it previews the objects. So if you click a LINE and go to change the color, as you scroll through the drop-down the LINE object previews. This is nice on things like Dimensions, when you want to turn an Ext Line off. It also apparently works from any Ribbon Tab selection too.

Again, not sure when this was implemented but it's a very nice touch indeed. Thought I'd share is all.

8)

That pretty much narrows it down to '12 or '13 then; I used to have R2011 and that didn't have it. I noticed it the first time I used my new R2014, so I'm pretty confident I would've noticed if it was in '11.

dJE

It was introduced in 2013, and there are a variety of settings (including turning it on/off) which you can find under 'options - selection - preview'

I've never noticed it. I usually know what value I want to change a property to before I click any of the lists/dropdowns in the properties pane.