LISP - Unknown command for lot of well known LISPs - Solved

p0peye

Hi all,

I am a bit frustrated as my second question is (also) on first grade (elementary school) level, but I have already spent too much time trying to figure it out:

I need to go trough many old drawings and replace the font type, and to change/exclude some text from exploded drawings - (M1:10) for example.

Also to change font type for all text (the height and bold/italic format should remain).

I found lee-mac's ultimate tool (I'd say based on description) - BFindV2-0.lsp

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?46135-Batch-Find-amp-Replace-Text&

and tried to use it - but, again, I get not so popular answer:

Command: bfind Unknown command "BFIND". Press F1 for help.

I tried to find a solution:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-3328.html

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/Lisp-routine-won-t-run/td-p/2854918

but nothing works for me :ouch:

Basically, I can upload the lisp, I see it in tools- Load application - loaded applications - although I see them as greyed. However - at least one of other greyed-out LISP are working (HyperBonus.LSP)?

This also happens for a few more LISPs:

BFindV2-0.lsp

StripMtext v5-0c.lsp

TextReplace1.lsp

VisualStyleSwitch.lsp

They are all greyed out and the "unload" option is not accessible(?).

I am avare that the mentioned lisps are well known and tested, and the problem is to solve elsewere - on my PC - but I am out of ideas.

Any one has one?

Thanks in advance

--------------------------

Edit:

Found it my self - and it didn't take me more then few hours... :oops:

The path of the LISP location must not contain Cyrillic letters.

Leaving this post as a possible solution for potential future users in similar trouble...

No, Lee Mac - thank You for creating (and sharing) such a useful LISP. :thumbsup:

Although I had to rename the target files, and put them in a new folder as the BFIND also don't "see" the Cyrillic path/file names... (see attached files)

Bfind Dir Cyr Prob2.PNG

However - if I open the same file (with Cyrillic path/name) in AutoCad, and appload bfind from the folder with Latin path - I can edit the text. Pitty - as the batch option is very useful... Nevertheless - again - thank you very much for BFIND :)

One question - when I select the predefined "search and replace" text - shouldn't it be put in the "find what" and "replace with" fields? I am confused as nothing visual happens when I select the predefined text... (I can't believe it - I am off-ing my own post... :facepalm:)

@pBe - I was warned to behave myself here - if I could speak freely, I would write, for example: "I get *#@!qł*Ł@§§!! answer"

:lol:

Bfind Dir Cyr Prob.jpg

No, Lee Mac - thank You for creating (and sharing) such a useful LISP. :thumbsup:

You're very welcome!

Although I had to rename the target files, and put them in a new folder as the BFIND also don't "see" the Cyrillic path/file names...

Without testing I would have predicted that Cyrillic characters in the filepath would present an issue, since many AutoLISP functions cannot process characters outside of the standard ASCII character set.

One question - when I select the predefined "search and replace" text - shouldn't it be put in the "find what" and "replace with" fields? I am confused as nothing visual happens when I select the predefined text...

You should be able to double-click on the entries in the list box in order to edit the entered values. ;)