Recomendations for a new Workstation (laptop)

farmboypeter

Any recommendations for a new faster laptop. I am currently running a 2 1/2 year old dell M6600, I7 processor, 16g ram, ssd, AMD firepro M8900 (fire GL) graphics card.

I am currently working on a project with a large 3d structural model slows my work down considerably. Any recommendations?

Any recommendations for a new faster laptop. I am currently running a 2 1/2 year old dell M6600, I7 processor, 16g ram, ssd, AMD firepro M8900 (fire GL) graphics card.

I am currently working on a project with a large 3d structural model slows my work down considerably. Any recommendations?

That's still pretty stout if it's a Sandy Bridge proc. If you were to up it to a 4th gen i7, and increase your RAM and Video Card then I still think you'll have performance hits. AutoCAD MEP and live 3D modeling can and will buckle any computer that's a top runner.

That's still pretty stout if it's a Sandy Bridge proc. If you were to up it to a 4th gen i7, and increase your RAM and Video Card then I still think you'll have performance hits. AutoCAD MEP and live 3D modeling can and will buckle any computer that's a top runner.

that's the route I was thinking of going. thanks for the advice.