variable/setting for "save as"

GISdude

Hi all,

Some how the variable for saving the dwg file has changed. So, when I save a dwg, I get the prompt for me to type in the file name.

Anyone know by chance what the setting is to change it back?

Many thanks

Where are you accessing the command?

I doubt very much that it is a system variable issue.

I would also be curious how a command macro might have changed,

without someone having gone into the CUI and manually doing it.

You can use the ACCELERATOR KEYS to do this,

or give us a bit more information, and we will get you sorted out.

Save versus Save As.JPG

Hi all,

Some how the variable for saving the dwg file has changed. So, when I save a dwg, I get the prompt for me to type in the file name.

Anyone know by chance what the setting is to change it back?

Many thanks

Here's the "Check the gas guage" answer. Verify that the system variable filedia is set to . If it is , then change it to .

Do you by chance have a script active? If so, the file dialog window may not show while it is, even if filedia = .

Here's the "Check the gas guage" answer. Verify that the system variable filedia is set to . If it is , then change it to .

Do you by chance have a script active? If so, the file dialog window may not show while it is, even if filedia = .

Good thinking Dana, 'guage'?, isn't that how the French spell it? :beer:

filedia was the answer. I don't understand how it could have changed, other than the sys admins are doing something to the profiles.

Thanks for the reply's.

Good thinking Dana, 'guage'?, isn't that how the French spell it? :beer:
That's how Johnny Depp spells it, so.....

I never trust French spelling. Back before the printing press, Some French government bureaucrat had the bright idea to pay his scribes by the letter. Now French is all full of extraneous, totally silent vowels, and even consonants.

From Yahoo Answers: (It's just the first one that came up)

Both the Oxford English Dictionary and the American Heritage Dictionary mention gage as the variant spelling of gauge in the sense of both noun and verb related to measure or instrument to measure, although gage is much more common in America. Even in Shakespeare's time, both spellings were used for both of these "measure / instrument for measuring" meanings.

Whence my allusion to Francais. :) :beer:
Of course, that went straight over my head. Then I immediately fell into the trap because gauge is actually a French word, and there are two accepted spellings for it, as long as one is not in France.