Help ! Want to ASK ! how to draw/insert Cable Tray into my drawing ?

noobpro70

A (rough) work-around will be to createa multi-line style with 3 elements and use TRACKS linetype for middle one. Although may be difficult to manage it.

But, first, you may want to ask a Moderator to fix the thread title...

A work-around will be to createa multi-line style with 3 elements and use TRACKS linetype for middle one. Although may be difficult to manage it.

Good solution Mircea, I already requested that the thread title be corrected. :beer:

noob: If you are using AutoCAD MEP 2012 I suggest you change your profile. Have you checked the manufacturer's website? Maybe they have blocks of their cable tray assemblies available for downloading.

Cable tray incest? Whoa!

Cable Tray System.jpg

I previously mentioned visiting a manufacturer's website. Here is an example. Thomas & Betts Canada has DWG files available to download for free. You select the material, the height, and the type of part needed (left hand side). You are provided with an image of the part and if you look in the upper right hand corner you can click on a link to download a zippied DWG file.

http://tnbcabletray.com/drawings/index.asp?Material=AHF&leHeight=&leType=ET&leLength=&Serie=&W1=&W2=&Bottom=&RS=&Angle=&Radius=

• 5 years later...
On 11/27/2013 at 8:48 AM, MSasu said:

A (rough) work-around will be to create a multi-line style with 3 elements and use TRACKS linetype for middle one. Although may be difficult to manage it.

I know this is an old post but I just discovered this and it works great for me as I just wanted to show a general routing layout. I created a different MLSTYLE for each rack size.  Thanks, MSasu! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Autodesk app store now has lots of add-ons for cable trays.

There is also a ton of cable trays and comm stuff on autodesk seek that is available in DWG format.

In the old days I would keep cable trays simple and 2D.  There were cases in comm room details where I would download the manufacturer block for a specific wall penetration or cable tray but usually for cable trays I would draw a solid light grey hatch between 2 lines 12 inches apart, label it with some text and be done with it. 

-ChriS