Mview shows empty space

Sayuta

I have done this before and it worked just fine, i saw the whole model and printed the view i needed. However this time something went wrong and i have no idea what. UCS symbol is exactly at the corner of the model and everything shows in the model space, but whatever i do paper space remains blank. I am lost and devastated. I attached print screens of the model and the layout.

Снимок экрана 2013-12-06 в 0.06.31.jpg

Снимок экрана 2013-12-06 в 0.06.44.jpg

Please attach the file so we can play around with it?

You could try zooming extents (Z [enter] E [enter]) it could be layers hidden for the view port itself.

unfortunately zooming extents didn't work.

Couldn't attach the file cause "Drawing-parking.dwg: Your file of 1.93 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 1,000.0 KB for this filetype."

zip makes it twice smaller but limit for zip is twice smaller too!

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

The model is still there. In Paperspace, Layout 1, in TOP view, if you zoom extents

you will find that there is an errant polyline from layer Floor 1,

which will be way down in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Turning off your GRID will help you to see it.

If you erase that, and Zoom Extents again, you will be back in the game.

I just realized that you have 2 viewports on top of each other in Layout 1, which isn't helping things any.

Erase one of them.

Needless to say, the software has no way of knowing your intentions, aside from the input you supply.

If you tell it to Zoom Extents, it will, should there happen to be some digital flotsam floating around

in modelspace, you can expect this effect, of an empty modelspace. It isn't empty,

it is just really big, making it appear empty.

Hope that helps you out. :)

My 2009 would not open it but I looked at it with TrueView. There is some sort of object(s) in modelspace that is WAY, WAY off in the middle of nowhere. I am talking really way, way off, like a hunderd miles or so. This sort of stuff happens as a result of a failed copy/paste or insert operation. It happens to us all.

When you zoom extents in model or in a viewport, you get zoomed so far out that your drawing objects become a small bunch of nearly invisible dots, so small that they are hiding behind the UCS icon. I almost didn't find them. By the way, zoom extents is the default for a new viewport so the viewports look empty due to the condition of your drawing. Zooming extents again didn't accomplish anything for that reason.

You will have to go into modelspace, do a zoom all, then a select all. Then you will probably be able to see your errant objects up or down near an edge, or a corner of the screen. You will have to get rid of that stuff before you can trust your zooming.

You can repeatedly do a zoom window in the area of your UCS icon in order to see what I am talking about. A series of zoom window's will bring your objects back closer, but go erase the trash way out there, and you will be good to go.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

The model is still there. In Paperspace, Layout 1, in TOP view, if you zoom extents

you will find that there is an errant polyline from layer Floor 1,

which will be way down in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Turning off your GRID will help you to see it.

If you erase that, and Zoom Extents again, you will be back in the game.

Needless to say, the software has no way of knowing your intentions, aside from you input you supply.

If you tell it to Zoom Extents, it will, should there happen to be some digital flotsam floating around

in modelspace, you can expect this effect, of an empty modelspace. It isn't empty,

it is just really big, making it appear empty.

Hope that helps you out. :)

I have to start using fewer words and stop caring so much about editing myself.:lol:

Wait. I quoted when there was only one paragraph but two showed up in my quote. Then I refreshed and the second paragraph showed up in your original post. I know what happened, you edited while I was replying to you, and finished (yet again before me) before I posted. IT had me going for just a second or two though.

When your goal is getting in under the wire, post first, zits and all.

Then you can go back and airbrush them out. :beer:

Did you notice the double viewport which I mentioned in my edit?

No, I missed the double viewport completely but trueview is not all that weildy. One cannot select anything. That does explain some VERY special effects I was experiencing. I thought it really was broken for a minute, until the errant object theory dawned on me and I went back to the mspace tab.

I have taken your suggestion that I should exercise more, to heart, in a good way,

and am now going to take a little break, stand up and touch my toes. :notworthy: :beer:

wow can't believe the issue was so simple, it almost drove me crazy! I just selected the edges and corners to see if anyone is hiding there after zoom extents and then a white dot popped up. Enemy removed. Thank you all for help c:

wow can't believe the issue was so simple, it almost drove me crazy! I just selected the edges and corners to see if anyone is hiding there after zoom extents and then a white dot popped up. Enemy removed. Thank you all for help c:

Glad you are back in the game. :)

Did you read and understand that there are also two viewports, one on top of the other, as shown in the image?

TWO VIEWPORTS ON top of each other.JPG

Yes, i removed one
That one had me blinking my eyes. I will have to remember to use that one as a practical joke on one of my enemies. I would z e one viewport, then change to paperspace and it would look like it reverted back. aparently the untouched one would come to the front as I went back to paperspace. freaky.:shock::lol: