Number Keypad

Nobull84

Does anyone know of a number keypad available with feet and inches keys?? I unfortunately cannot download any software of any kind at work and cannot use programmable keyboards. (I can't even setup my extra buttons on my USB mouse)

I've found them tab and escape buttons which I would also like. But entering dimensions most of the day, this would be helpful!

Thanks,

Nobull

I suppose just an oversensitive IT dept?

I have done some things with the CUI. Is that the same as the CUIx? Sorry for the lack of knowledge. I've just been diving in to customizing abilities of CAD.

Thanks again

Well the IT department needs to understand that these are tools to help you do your job better and more efficiently. They also need to understand that what they do does not bring money into the company but what you do does. Your efforts help pay their salary. Their job is to make your job easier not more difficult.

Are you barred from downloading and installing service packs and hotfixes too?

Yes, at some point the CUI started being referred to as the CUIx.

I was thinking you could create a button (or buttons) that would mimic a feet and inches keypad and put them on a custom set of toolbars. I don't do much in the way of customization so I am not 100% sure this is could be done but it might be worth looking into.

I have only been with this company for a little over 6 months. I feel I don't have enough tenor to fight this battle yet. I think I've shown what I can do though as they gave me a job solely through just having a degree and no experience. I've customized my workstation a good bit and introduced them to a few new lisps. Hopefully they'll see the advantages of taking 10 minutes out of their day to cater to everyone's detailing styles.

But aaaanyways, creating a button on a toolbar is pretty much the same as reaching all the way over for the apostrophe on the keyboard (I know, it's such a long way). Milliseconds add up through life. I'll probably buy a cheapo keypad until I can convince them to download some software for me.

Thanks for the ideas,

Nobull

Milliseconds do add up but most of us will end up wasting the time we saved by taking a longer coffee break, or texting our significant other, or going on line to check for one thing or another. But you do what you have to do. Sorry I could not be of more help. Mental block at the moment. However, should I think of anything else (like using a digitizer tablet; just came to me) I'll post back. Good luck.

Two ways like Remark create toolbar that has say the 1/16 1/8 as answers, alternatively use the old side bar menu it can have the same values in it also. You may want to consider how long the toolbar will be need 1-0 plus your fractions.

You need to create your own icons.

Not tested

***MENUGROUP=FEETINCHES
***TOOLBARS
**FEETINCHES
1 [_Button("1inch", 1.bmp,1.bmp)]"1"

1-16  [_Button("1-16inch", 1-16.bmp,1-16.bmp)]"1/16"
1-8  [_Button("1-8inch", 1-8.bmp,1-8.bmp )]"1/8"