AutoCAD Quirks in 3D Drawings

Bill Tillman

Is it just me or do others experience this too:

1. When working in 3D, when I do pans and zooming with the mouse wheel, AutoCAD will crash.

2. If I've set the background and gone into Realistic mode for any length of time, whenever I save the drawing it sets the background and goes into Wireframe mode even though I'm in 2D wireframe view when I did the save. The next time I open the drawing it's in Realistic mode instead of the 2D wireframe which is what I need to start work.

3. When I'm in 2D wireframe view and then do a 3DFORBIT, the background changes to the background color while I do the rotating. Then when I stop it resets to the default black background. This makes working with things very confusing not to mention it slows things down.

I'm running AutoCAD Design Suite 2013 with SP1 and SP2 applied.

I have not experienced any of those issues using either 2013 or 2014. It sounds like it might be a graphics card related problem. But that's just a guess at the moment.