AutoCAD LT Remove XData from existing objects

Tyke

You can see the data if you dxfout and open the dxf file in a text editor, it would probably go against all the Autodesk rules, to delve in there and remove code using another program like Excel, VBA to read the data and remove references to xData, and save it without those lines of code, (which has a code of 1000 and above), so I won't mention it. :nono:

Thanks steven for not mentioning it :P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tyke

• Tuns

• ReMark

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think ReMark told you the simplest solution. I have tried it, and it works. You even don't need lisp function. Just save your dwg as dwg 2004 in acad lt (or use autodesk free dwg convertor TrueView), open that dwg in BabaCAD and just save it as dxf. See picture below. XData is not implemented in BabaCAD yet, so it is good for you.

You have OFFSET command for polylines fully functional, and if you work in GIS, you will find support for inserting geoereferenced images in BabaCAD (tif/tfw, jpg/jgw, bmp/bpw; this feature you can't find in AutoCAD, only in Autodesk Map or Raster Design).

All they'd have to do is use BabaCAD for lisp routines then AutoCAD for everything else. BabaCAD is so far from complete it's almost useless for anything but LISP routines IMO.

Maybe it's useless. I just know that I've invested more than 3 years of work on this project. BabaCAD is only 3 Mb size (approx. 10 sec. download time). It doesn't hurt to try it.

Test_XData.jpg

Edited by sepultura

I think ReMark told you the simplest solution. I have tried it, and it works. You even don't need lisp function. Just save your dwg as dwg 2004 in acad lt (or use autodesk free dwg convertor TrueView), open that dwg in BabaCAD and just save it as dxf. See picture below. XData is not implemented in BabaCAD yet, so it is good for you.

You have OFFSET command for polylines fully functional, and if you work in GIS, you will find support for inserting geoereferenced images in BabaCAD (tif/tfw, jpg/jgw, bmp/bpw; this feature you can't find in AutoCAD, only in Autodesk Map or Raster Design).

Maybe it's useless. I just know that I've invested more than 3 years of work on this project. BabaCAD is only 3 Mb size (approx. 10 sec. download time). It doesn't hurt to try it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46302[/ATTACH]

Stripping off ALL of the XData is NOT what is required. The XData HAS to be retained on all existing objects. It's just the NEW objects that have to be XData free.

; Jpg/Jgw

Theres a nice lisp called rescale image that does exactly what the name says using the jgw and a jpg use it all the time in Autocad to convert to real world co-ords.

• 1 month later...

Just to close this thread off, I found a solution to the problem of removing XData from polylines in AutoCAD LT.

First offset the polyline as normal, XData is attached. Then create a short polyline at the end/start of the polyline that is snapped to the XData polyline, with the properties you want the finished polyline to have (layer, line type, colour, etc). Use the join command, first selecting the short polyline and then the XData polyline. Then trim off the short polyline segment. You finish up with a polyline without XData and all the properties you want.

I tried it out in full AutoCAD first and then in LT and opened the LT drawing in full AutoCAD and checked for XData, there wasn't any :D

Showed it to the client this morning and they are overjoyed with it.

Just to close this thread off, I found a solution to the problem of removing XData from polylines in AutoCAD LT.

First offset the polyline as normal, XData is attached. Then create a short polyline at the end/start of the polyline that is snapped to the XData polyline, with the properties you want the finished polyline to have (layer, line type, colour, etc). Use the join command, first selecting the short polyline and then the XData polyline. Then trim off the short polyline segment. You finish up with a polyline without XData and all the properties you want.

I tried it out in full AutoCAD first and then in LT and opened the LT drawing in full AutoCAD and checked for XData, there wasn't any :D

Showed it to the client this morning and they are overjoyed with it.

Wouldn't simply using MATCHPROP work?

Good workaround, you can create a zero length polyline and create a macro to insert and join it to another polyline (just saves trimming later).

Good workaround, you can create a zero length polyline and create a macro to insert and join it to another polyline (just saves trimming later).

Good point steven, I shall have to try that out.

steven,

I tried out your suggestion and added a command button to a palette with the following macro:

^C^C_^P_-insert;*nsk-offset;\;1;_join;l;\;pedit;l;l;_on;^C^P

and it works perfectly. Thanks for the tip steven.

So does this mean that MATCHPROP wont do this as well?

Correct Tuns, MATCHPROP will copy all of the properties over to the polyline but it will not remove the XData.

Why wouldn't it remove the XData if it's matching the properties of something without XData?

Matching properties does not mean that every single property is matched. Anyway I don't see XData as a property, such as colour or layer. You can't see the XData in LT so it is difficult for you to understand the problem. There are also data records that can be attached to AutoCAD objects and these are not visible in either LT or in full AutoCAD, you can only access them programatically.