Battman messes up dynamic blocks

Marco1979

Hi to you all, i've been watching a lot of info on your site, now i decided to register myself. So here's my first issue.

Been googleing and searching for quite a while now but i cant seem to find any solution.

When i use Battman to re-arrange my attributes (in order to be able to auto-number them easily with a numbering-lisp), all values, rotation actions etc. are messed up and the block becomes unusable.

I use 2009, I've also tried it in ACAD 2014, same story.

Any ideas....cos the next step would be to create the block from scratch.

thnx.

Can you post a block and/or before and after screenshots to show the sort of things that happen, I have never had a problem using battman, but I don't use it lot, is it all blocks or just odd ones.

Seriously impressed with this one (it must have taken a while to make), I cannot recreate the problem, are you sure it isn't just the values updating after you run the battman command, with all the fields buried in this block they won't update until you do a regen or somehow refresh the block attributes, and the battman command does that. So if you change some of the dynamic properties before running the battman command and don't do a regen, then it will indeed appear as though the values change. Do me a favour and try to recreate the errors again, but before running battman first run the regenall command.

If is still shows errors can you let me know which attributes/parameters exactly are affected so I can concentrate on just those.

Drawing3a.dwg

Dutch it is! I did take me some while, therefor i would really like it to just move up :) Dont get me started on regen and stuff. When using formulas and in fields, in fields, in fields....it takes severale :update fields" so actually see what the value is. So i dont think thats the problem...my best guess atm is a bug.

Only thing i do, is moving up the merk-att. save/sync/regen etc. and then its messed up, check the attachement.

btw, what do you mean by cant recreate the problem....you CAN move it up or what?

[ATTACH]46353[/ATTACH]

Dutch it is! I did take me some while, therefor i would really like it to just move up :) Dont get me started on regen and stuff. When using formulas and in fields, in fields, in fields....it takes severale :update fields" so actually see what the value is. So i dont think thats the problem...my best guess atm is a bug.

Only thing i do, is moving up the merk-att. save/sync/regen etc. and then its messed up, check the attachement.

btw, what do you mean by cant recreate the problem....you CAN move it up or what?

I'll take a look, yes I can move the attribute up the list but I didn't see any obvious changes?

Just a quick look, I changed the attribute order and added another block and rotated it without an error, You have 2 different blocks in there and the one named (false) is slightly different, in the "beugel" visibility state, the attribute "breedte" isn't included in the main rotation action?

Drawing3b.dwg

OK jij bent niet gek :lol: I just tried the battorder command and it moved things all over the place, could be a bug! it certainly is strange behavior, I'm going to run a few test on simpler blocks see if I can find anything.

Looks like a bug, I created a very simple block with 2 attributes, and used one of them with a rotation action. If you use Battman or Battorder to change the order that the attributes have then the block swaps which attribute is used for the rotation (the same thing happens with other dynamic actions). So you either need to create the block with the attributes in the correct order before you add any dynamic properties, or go through and change the attributes that are included in the selection set of each action after you change the order.

I have included the test block just to show the problem - change the attribute order with battman or battorder - it would be nice if other people could test this with different versions of Autocad to see if it is a recent change that has caused this problem.

EDIT: Did a search and this problem only showed up a couple of times in the Autodesk forums, back as far as 2007

Batty.dwg

Edited by steven-g

Yhanx for the help sofar!! So the bottom line is, using battman after adding dynamic properties makes the block go bad. Thats....pretty darn...unfortunate :P I might just go through those selections then....hope i get it fixed.

Should we (or someone else) report this bug...or? i would be nice if they fixed it. BTW, with acad 2014 the bug is still there.

Thnx again.

Yeah could be a good idea if you report it. I know it's not nice, but if you make each selection set active by double clicking on the actions - you can use the add and remove options to select and deselect the correct attributes - to get your block working again, just make sure you get all of them in all the visibility states, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

quick closure-update: i did go through all selections etc. and the block works fine again. Still i keep encountering massive problems when using battman after i have added dynamic properties. Bottomline is, first arrange your att's, then stretches etc.