Restore "standard" menu bar (file, edit, tools, window, etc.)

davidneedsassistance

I'm in AutoCAD Architecture 2010. I've lost all menubars and need to reload. I was perfectly happy with the 2010 ribbon. When I search other forums it seems the answers are all geared toward restoring the older format of menubars because people are unhappy with the 2010 ribbon. That does not apply to me. I just want to restore the default 2010 ribbon menubar.

I've tried the "Menubar" command and have not found the original 2010 default menubar. Maybe it's there and I'm not figuring it out. Can someone steer me to a path to reset and re-establish the default 2010 setup?

I prefer to not have to uninstall and re-install the program to get back to the default settings if I don't have to.

Thanks

Have you tried switching workspaces?

Have you tried resetting your Profile?

Please do NOT uninstall your program unless it is absolutely necessary.

Hi ReMark. Thanks for responding. I have generated a fatal flaw in the interim. Bummer. CAD won't even remain open. Do you think uninstalling and reloading is necessary at this point?

I was attempting to reload a menubar per another blogger's instructions to someone else. This is embarrassing. I'm fairly competent at drawing. Much less competent at adjusting settings, etc.

I'm not smart enough to be able to tell you the extent to which I have messed things up.

My aim was to not overload you with information. You try one thing at a time and if it doesn't work you go to the next.

At the moment I'm trying to assist someone else. Be patient....I'll be back.8)

Yes, I understand that. And what I am still trying to do is get answers to the questions I asked in post #2. Your cooperation would be appreciated. Thank you.

In response to a similar post forum member nestly posted the following:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The ribbon and the workspaces are stored in the CUIx files, so my guess is that somehow either the CUI's got moved to a different location on the hard drive, or the path to the CUIx files changed. If the CUIs appear in the CUI (CUI command) you can try to "restore" them, which will load the previously saved version. Restore/Reset Acad cui file

First though, you should verify that the CUIs are still where they're supposed to be, and that location is correct in Tools > Options > Files > Customization Files > Main Customization File. By default, the cui's should be at C:\Users\username\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad 2013 - english\r19.0\enu\support (for Windows7)

As a last resort, Start > Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD2013 > Reset settings to default. This should restore the ribbon and workspaces, but customizations will have to be restored manually.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So there you have it. You can try my two suggestions first, if you haven't already done so, and should they fail to fix the problem then try nestly's suggestion. If the problem persists then my next recommendation would be to do a REPAIR of your installation. A REPAIR is NOT the same as an Uninstall/Reinstall. That option should always be the one of last resort. You got all that? Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Thank you so much for your concern, your recommendations, and your time. I appreciate it. In the end I was on the telephone with an IT person (and old friend) who had control of my computer from remote access. He spent over two hours doing a number of procedures that were very complex. He was absolutely flying all over the place. AutoCAD is now restored and functioning.

Thanks again,

David

I wish I could tell you but after 2 plus hours it was all a swirl. Very complex. It also involved trying some things and then changing direction several times. You folks in your line of work have great talent and it sure seems like job security as well. You are very necessary , essential in fact. Just as attorneys can be at times. But I like you all more than I like attorneys (in general of course)

Well that's too bad. I was hoping you could share some information with us that might help other users with a similar problem in the future. But it is what it is. Thanks for the update.