danzeup

I'm using the Japanese version of AutoCAD LT 2008 and when I use Dtext only Japanese characters display. If I open a new file I can type in English but not in the file my workmate gave me. I paste in English text he wrote (e.g. R0 S0 T0) but I can't paste text from anywhere else. If I type in English nothing shows on screen but when I Ctrl+a, Ctrl+v here it shows what I've typed, but without entering any Japanese text the box will disappear when I double-tap Enter.

I'm still new to AutoCAD but I have checked that QTEXTMODE = 0.

Any ideas other than starting in a new sheet?

So a little bit more to add to that, the English text that does display isn't a normal font. With no formatting it looks like this: R01 (as opposed to R01).

Can you post a sample of your drawing that is causing problems.

Check the colour of the text and your background colour of your graphic screen, are they the same or very similar?

Hmm, looks like my previous reply disappeared when I clicked to edit it and got a server error.

As you can see colours are normal, R01 is a DText box that actually has "inRvi0si1ble" written in it. "R01 S01 T01" is a MText box that has no issues displaying text.

The font used in your 'Standard' text style is showing a warning and is listed as '@Arial Unicode MS.shx'. If you are wanting to write in English try using a different font for your English text, 'romans.shx', and set it has current. Them try typing in English.