Interior render, daylight outside windows?

W3D

sir.

hi lazaruz im just hoping you could help me in my problem.

im really confused about global and indirect illumination.

im trying to render a scene with only few lights and is it possible to render a scene with only few lights but looks bright?

thanks for giving your time in this problem of mine

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• W3D

• Lazarus

• Noahma

• papagyi

Top Posters In This Topic

it renders in the draft preset no problems atall but i get the '(Not Responding)' message on the window if i even attempt to render in low-medium.

(I'm still referring to my other drawings by the way, this doesn't happen with the daylight render i'm working on - however FG and GI do slow it down)

it renders in the draft preset no problems atall but i get the '(Not Responding)' message on the window if i even attempt to render in low-medium.

(I'm still referring to my other drawings by the way, this doesn't happen with the daylight render i'm working on - however FG and GI do slow it down)

if you get the program saying "not responding" it may be doing some really heavy calculations, if you leave it for a bit it will probably catch up to where it should be.

ok thanks for your help.

...back to the daylight rendering;

under the sun settings for time and date, there should be a little clock like thing, you can move the line within this dial to show where the north direction is in your drawing, that way you do not have to rotate your model.

I can't find this?

I'm beginning to get somewhere now!...under render exposure 'Exterior daylight' was set to 'auto'. I have set it to 'OFF' and i'm getting a decent amount of light. Still alot of work to be done though.

79769475ds8.jpg

I still need to do alot of work on this. I notice it is quite 'blotchy', my chrome materials are displaying black, the red fabric on the chairs seem to be stretched and if i add any light sources to the light fittings it slows the render down too much.

I'm aware that this will take alot of practice as this my first daylight render, but if i can sort these few things out it will be good enough for now.

It's a trial and error thing,as far as i see your render is getting there.Your walls and ceiling are a bit "dirty" "burned"....you need to get a smooth photon map first to eliminate those things.I also have this problem and my renders are not smooth enough.Render the scene first with GI but without FG.If your render looks smooth without any very dark or white spots then you can turn on FG for the final render.

I don't think the chrome is black...try and place a test camera very close to the chrome like a macro shot,and see if it's reflecting the environment(as chrome should do).About the fabric maybe you've messed up the mapping of the material somehow.Did you move the chairs?Cause material mapping has nothing to do with your render settings.