Clash between the old guys and the new guys!

evadtregnab

I use the paper space / view ports for my annotations and finalizing my drawings before printing. I design all my models in model space. The old designers do everything in model space including all annotations, borders, etc. They are complaining that my autocad files do not have the final prints with annotations , borders, title block visible in model space where they are use to going to view the parts in the file. Is there a way I can move the drawing from paper space / view port with all the annotations, title block etc to model space? I could make a special area that they could go to to view the drawings and bypass using the view port tabs. Is that even possible?:oops:

Thanks for the response. I tried the chspace command. It appears to move any annotations back to model space and place them on the original model in model space. Am I correct?

I think you should leave the dinosaurs in the tar pit and keep doing what you're doing. Tell them to PUBLISH the drawings and they'll have everything.

Find another company to work for. You are doing it correctly (not different. Correct) these guys are bringing your skill level down, and will teach you lots of bad habits. As an absolute last resort I would make my work look like they want using, skills that you have, so draw properly using layout tabs and look at methods for transferring it into model space to keep the trolls happy.

Did any of these old timers come from the drafting board.

Hold a part up in front of their face and ask them what it is.

Now hold a drawing up in front of their face and ask them what it is.

paperspace/modelspace is the digital equivalent of the real world.

If they came from the drawing board - they should recognize that a part is a part and a drawing is a drawing.

Carry on!

.... I tried the chspace command. It appears to move any annotations back to model space and place them on the original model in model space. Am I correct?

...but I have to stick up for the old guys when you come back with a question like this. Figure it out. You need to know through experimentation. You need to know all techniques, upside down forward and backwards. You need to tell them what is correct, not ask.

Thanks for the response. I tried the chspace command. It appears to move any annotations back to model space and place them on the original model in model space. Am I correct?
You mean, does it do this every time for every variation? Good question. If no one here knows, perhaps because they don't really need it, since they do it right, then maybe 'the old guys' can try it out and see how it works for them, that is, if they don't want to do it right.