render image to bright

uzixs911

hi every one i have a problem.. i use vray for rendering . now when i see the render preview then the quality is fine but when i save the render image it appears bright to much bright . i googled it and played with the gamma values in vray and also in vray renderer setup. some how got the problem solve but still lacking quality.

now my main question is my render image appears good but jpg apperas bright . :(

:(

It's likely that you're adding gamma to your output image twice.

If you post your gamma settings from your preferences, as well as settings from the Vray colour mapping tab in the render options then you'd probably get more replies as there are a few variables.

In the frame buffer it's good to have the little sRGB button enabled always - this doesn't affect your saved image. Consider it like wearing a pair of sunglasses and just for viewing in Max, when disabled you are viewing a linear image.

In colour mapping tab, set the 'mode' to 'Colour mapping only'

Now your output gamma will be determined by your preferences. Which you probably want to set to 2.2.

ok i will check it

i adjuseted my gamma value to 0.85 and when i save i change it to 1.05 so i see the same image in rendering mode and in jpeeg mode

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for late reply . i had an internet connection problem. i will post you my screen shots of both settings i.e. gamma preferences from max and v ray setting tomorrow . thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...