Unable to Save drawing in Auto CAD 2013

fidget081906

I work in the modular furniture world and have inserted a bunch of symbols from Cap Studio. It is what I do all day every day and have never had this problem.

Doesn't allow me to do anything. I have it automatically set up to save in 2007 and I went back farther then that and it decided to crash instead of say no. So 4 hours of work is gone and now I start over. I even went to the temp files and they wouldn't open either.

Doesn't allow me to do anything. I have it automatically set up to save in 2007 and I went back farther then that and it decided to crash instead of say no. So 4 hours of work is gone and now I start over. I even went to the temp files and they wouldn't open either.
The temp files won't open unless you use the Recover utility.

From the Autodesk web site.

Error: "One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format..."

Issue:

When saving a drawing in AutoCAD, usually to a network location, the following message is displayed:

One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created.

Causes:

The error can have multiple causes: corrupt drawing, low free disk space, file server issues, network adapter settings, or a missing drive (such as a USB drive that is no longer connected).

Solution:

Use the AUDIT command to repair your drawing. This should allow it to be saved. Try also using SAVEAS or even WBLOCK to a new file.

Check the folders that contain your drawings to see if they are allowed to be indexed by the Windows Search service (i.e., right-click > Properties > Advanced). Make sure Windows is not indexing the folders. On occasion, we have seen the indexing repeatedly cause this error with AutoCAD drawings. Also, try disabling the TCP Offload setting in your network adapter. For instrucions on this, please consult the manufacturer of your Ethernet adapter.

• 2 months later...

AUDIT worked.... had this happen on a couple 3d models in the past ... had it happen again just now on a complex model and didn't want to loose it ... weird. THANKS!!!!!

[edit: created account on CAD Tutor just to reply to this]