2D lines on 3D models

James Connolly

hi , i have a problem i have made a 3D model i have put textures on it looks great ,however you can still see some of the white 2D lines on the 3D model. I try to delete them but it doesn't recognize the line even though i can clearly see it. Is there any way to turn them off.

This question sounds vaguely familiar. Without seeing an image or a drawing I say it could be one of these three system variables:

ISOLINES

FACTRES

DISHSILH

Dug this out of the dust bin.

AutoCAD settings that affect 3D output.

DISPSILH – Display Silhouette

This setting affects the results of the Hide command. A setting of 0 displays tessellation lines. A setting of 1 suppresses tessellation lines.

FACETRES – Rendered Object Smoothness

This setting affects both rendering and hide results. The default setting is 0.5. The max setting is 10. A lower setting results in a quicker render time but rounded edges will appear as a series of straight segments. A higher setting results in a longer render time but rounded edges will appear much smoother.

ISOLINES – Contour lines per surface

This setting affects the wireframe view but not the Hide or Render commands. Settings can range from 0 to 2047. The default setting is 4.

SPLINESEGS – Segments in a Polyline Curve

This setting controls the number of segments in a polyline curve. The settings range from 0 to 32767 with the default being 8. The higher the setting the smoother the appearance is of a rendered curve.