AutoCAD 2010 and 64 BIT Problems

MSAWIN

I bought a new computer with windows 7, 64 BIT and autocad keeps having an issue. I insert any JPEG and as soon as I do a window pops up and says an application stopped running and gives me two options, Debug or close program. I tried re-installing and repairing autocad. It is driving me crazy! Please HELP!!!!!!! Let me know If you need any more information to help solve this issue.

Thanks a ton!

What are the full system specs?

What other programs were running in the background?

Where did you get your copy of AutoCAD 2010?

You might want to change your profile re: 2007.

All other commands/features of AutoCAD functioned with no problem?

Dell Inspiron 660

Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor: Intel® Core™i5-3340 CPU @3.10GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

What is the graphics card?

Intel® HD Graphics

Well I was just wondering as part of the whole. Might not help in this issue but you really need a dedicated graphics solution for AutoCAD. Look at a 1gb or higher nVidia based solution.

If you are on a budget then this would be a good start...link

Just make sure your case can handle a full size card. You did say the Inspiron 660 and not the 660s so you should be OK with the case. Might need to look at the power supply as well.

Attach copies of everything you have to your next post. Someone here will try to replicate what you are doing. If they are successful they can probably help you solve your problem. If they can't then maybe they can at least pinpoint what the problem may be. Either way, you'll have more information than you do now.

So, we need a copy of the drawing and a copy of the logo you are trying to insert it in to.

Did you try inserting the jpg into a blank drawing?

• 1 month later...

Its any image or Xref that I attach. I am so frustrated. the computer should handle it, what is wrong with this thing! is it a windows problem?

I had issues in the past when i insert image into autocad file. it increased the file size. Have you tried to opened fresh new autocad file and copy and paste the drawing to the new sheet to see what happened?

Yes, I open a new drawing and xref or insert an image and as soon as I click on it the window comes up and says

AutoCAD Application has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Debug or Close program

It doesnt matter which I choose it still closes the program

I have some issues trying to run 2009 on a 64 bit win 8 machine, but they are only silly screen display weirdnesses caused by my lame graphics card.

When you put the jpeg in, are you using the imageattach command or are you trying to use it as an xref? Wait, you answered that one didn't you.:oops:

One more time, attach the jpeg and drawing to your next post.

Actually the only things we could prove out is whether it is your drawing in particular, or if we have no issues with it, then your install may be the problem.