creating a text style? with oblique of 30 & -30 for isometrics

spaulus

I guess i am still confused on basic autocad stuff and being new to the tool palette feature.

I am doing a job for a client and they say to "copy the text type from the attached drawing", the attached drawing had some text on it when I listed it was Style=simplex Font=simplex height=.0625.

I am drawing Iso's for them and would like add something? to the tool palette so that when I want to put text in the angle of 330 with a oblique of 30 i can just pick it and not have to put in text then edit the oblique angle.

I assume I would have create different styles for the different angles? or can just create 1 style but have 5 "tools" on the tool palette for the different angles and obliques all of them drawn with style=simplex but 1 drawn 0 angle 0 oblique, 1 drawn at 330 angle -30 oblique, 1 drawn at 30 with a 30 oblique...etc?

Thanks,

Steve

I would create a separate dimension style for each and add them to a new custom tool palette. I think you'll have to use the DIMEDIT command to correct the oblique angles though.

I stopped using the old 2D method of creating isometric drawings a while ago. I do all my isometric piping diagrams in 3D and reorient the UCS if I have to add dimensions. We have only done a handful of dimensioned isometrics as there isn't a big demand for them.

the drawings i am doing are real basic piping iso's...we don't even put dimensions on them...they are for inspection purposes and just need the routing and sizes shown...i assume instead of creating a separate dimension style for each i would just create a separate text style for each?

I guess i am still confused on basic autocad stuff and being new to the tool palette feature.

I am doing a job for a client and they say to "copy the text type from the attached drawing", the attached drawing had some text on it when I listed it was Style=simplex Font=simplex height=.0625.

I am drawing Iso's for them and would like add something? to the tool palette so that when I want to put text in the angle of 330 with a oblique of 30 i can just pick it and not have to put in text then edit the oblique angle.

I assume I would have create different styles for the different angles? or can just create 1 style but have 5 "tools" on the tool palette for the different angles and obliques all of them drawn with style=simplex but 1 drawn 0 angle 0 oblique, 1 drawn at 330 angle -30 oblique, 1 drawn at 30 with a 30 oblique...etc?

Thanks,

Steve

You will need 2 text styles for Iso text, then you will create 3 macros per text style. I am attaching a clip of a couple of macros, one for each text style.

One style will have the Oblique angle set to 330, another one set at 30. I call mine ISO 30, and ISO 330.

So the macro

^C^C_mtext;\Style;"iso 30";R;30;\

will use the style ISO 30 and rotate it 30 degrees. You will create two more macros changing the value after the R; with 90 and again with 330.

Do the same for the other style by creating 3 macros with a rotation of 30, 90, 330.

ISO TEXT.jpg

ok, i think this is what i am looking for...i have been trying to figure out what you put on the tool palette for text...i drag blocks from my drawing screen to the tool palette then i can select them from the palette...when i put text in my drawing at 30 deg angle with the oblique set at 30 and put that on my palette...when i select it, it puts regular text on my drawing.

I will give this a try when I get home.

Thank you.

if i create 2 text styles called iso30 and iso330 both using the font simplex.shx then i give the drawing to the client...they don't need to have the iso30 or iso330 text style they just need to have the simplex.shx which is a standard font file correct?

The style definition is in the drawing. You must have the two iso styles because of the need for the oblique angle, that is only set in the style. The style name can still use the simplex.shx font. Don't confuse font name with style name, a style simply gives you a way to set settings for that style using any font type.

See attached for the tool palette text tool. To start you can drag any piece of text from the screen to your tool palette. Then modify properties to match what I have posted, adjusting it for your own style name and rotation needed.

iso text tool palette.JPG