purge unused layers in AutoCAD 2013 for Mac

nancysb

'unused' layers are sometimes somehow not 'unused'

does it work at all?

start a new drawing, make a new layer or 2 but with nothing on. ensure none of the new layers are set as current layer, then try purge and see what happens.

Do you have EXPRESS TOOLS available with Mac fingy AutoCAD?

edit: Ah.... much better answer in the other thread.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?85097-purging-unused-layers-in-AutoCAD-2013-Mac

Edited by mikekmx

insteresting experiment, but no great results :-/ I started a new drawing. Put something on a layer, then added 2 other layers that were empty. Tried the purge command, and nada, nothing..:-(

And I don't know about Express TOOLS with Mac dingy AutoCAD. (what is a "dingy"?)

Thanks for your attemt though....

insteresting experiment, but no great results :-/ I started a new drawing. Put something on a layer, then added 2 other layers that were empty. Tried the purge command, and nada, nothing..:-(

And I don't know about Express TOOLS with Mac dingy AutoCAD. (what is a "dingy"?)

Thanks for your attemt though....

(thingy - .....fingy) was meant to be a subtle dig at Macs

- there's a tool named 'laydel' or similar, in 'express tools'

express tools is often not installed by default. my version of a'cad doesn't have ribbons. the 'express tools' tools are in a drop-down menu when loaded.

basically, laydel will try it's best to delete a layer regardless of what is on it, but i suggest you refer to the reply in the other thread.

Indeed, the Mac "thingy". I love my Mac, but AutoCAD doesn't seem to like my Mac...oh well. I'm committed at this point ($), and will muddle through all this. Again, many thanks.