Creating and editing block library

ericaveronica

Hi there,

So my job would like me to create a usable library of products to make things easier. We make custom cabinetry, but there are many more standard sizes that may be useful. I'm vaguely familiar with creating blocks and saving, but I'm trying to find out if there is a good way to go about making this library since the sizes will need to be changed often.

Is it even worth creating such a library? Is there an easy way to temporarily edit blocks to make them a few inches bigger or smaller?

I've been using AutoCAD technically for years, but it's been very on and off, and I learned on my own so I don't know all the correct ways to go about things.

Help?

Hi there,

So my job would like me to create a usable library of products to make things easier. We make custom cabinetry, but there are many more standard sizes that may be useful. I'm vaguely familiar with creating blocks and saving, but I'm trying to find out if there is a good way to go about making this library since the sizes will need to be changed often.

Is it even worth creating such a library? Is there an easy way to temporarily edit blocks to make them a few inches bigger or smaller?

I've been using AutoCAD technically for years, but it's been very on and off, and I learned on my own so I don't know all the correct ways to go about things.

Help?

if you know you're gonna use it again, make it a block after you've drawn it and put it in your library.

any time you go back to a previous drawing to grab summat to re-use, make it a block and add it to your library.

Hi there,

Help?

Libraries are so very usefull

Specially if you can make it with dynamic blocks and strech command it will save you boss a bundle of time on the long run.

First things first , draw block for units you now have (handle counter tops panels etc etc.

Then when your more familiar with the blocks go to the extent making them dynamics tons of fun to see it when you work with them.

Librairies here contains tons of blocks along with lisp routines, you will find them if you invest the time to look and search google for tutorials on how-to.

HTH

You should consider learning about dynamic blocks which allow you to assign many parameters like scaling, stretching, rotation to a block. This way you can use multiple instances of the same block, but apply individual changes to each of them.

Look into Tool Palettes this will group your library into common blocks making searching easier. Also you can go down the pull down menu of common blocks.

in short - dynamic blocks & tool pallettes...... 2 things that AutoDesk did that are (for a change) actually useful and work. (even though dynamic blocks can be a pain to get right sometimes)