Drawing objects

chiep

To draw in place the circles with R12 and R23 you will need to know their location, but this information is clearly missing.

You may also get them by fillet, but for this aproach I'm not sure how to locate the R200 arc.

However, if this sketch was impossible to be draw, it would not be given as homework, so will have to wait for better ideas.

If you take the R200 as centered on the ellipse vertices, then the rest falls into place, it's not 100% correct but without further information it's close, is there any other text that goes with the drawing?

ellipse2.png

No, there's nothing else. That's everything with the drawing. Well, it might be like you said that the R200 as centered on the ellipse vertices but how to draw it like that? Sorry, I really don't know where to start.

I started with the ellipse and then created lines and circles with helper geometry using the offset command to find center points, then it is just a question of trimming at the correct places. Does this make it any clearer, or just muddying the water :)

helper.jpg

I started with the ellipse and then created lines and circles with helper geometry using the offset command to find center points, then it is just a question of trimming at the correct places. Does this make it any clearer, or just muddying the water :)
That's the way did it, then once I had all my major arc's trimmed, I changed them to polylines so I could fillet in the smaller radii. This is where I had trouble because fillet reversed the arcs on the upper side, but I just trimmed everything off above the major axis and mirrored what was below it to above it. Then the washer (?) and bolt head were easy.

This has a Penn-Foster stink about it.

No, there's nothing else. That's everything with the drawing. Well, it might be like you said that the R200 as centered on the ellipse vertices but how to draw it like that? Sorry, I really don't know where to start.
First draw the ellipse, then put in a circle with a radius of 200 centered about the lower midpoint of the major ellipse arc. Offset the ellipse from the upper midpoint using the through option to the circle. From that point, the locations of the stuff starts becoming apparent.

P-F? No way. Too many dimensions were given to be one of their drawings!:lol:
Yeah, it was way too easy to figure out.:rofl:

I like their civil classes best. Instructions = Draw a road.

First draw the ellipse, then put in a circle with a radius of 200 centered about the lower midpoint of the major ellipse arc. Offset the ellipse from the upper midpoint using the through option to the circle. From that point, the locations of the stuff starts becoming apparent.
I offset the ellipse since the circle is not parallel enough to the ellipse.