Your favorite lisp

Nobull84

I thought it would be interesting to get a thread going about your favorite lisp. As I've been frequenting this forum, my list of lisps is ever-growing. I have some I think are excellent for what I do (steel detailer) but I wonder what is your favorite lisp? Maybe post here with a brief description and what you do? I always wonder if I may be just ultra lazy or if I just like to see how fast I can get s#!t done!

Mine would be one of the most recent. This dimension lisp allows you to enter a dim and afterward changes it to a "?" and envokes the revcloud function and then returns you to your previous layer. I have multiple copies of this for different uses/layers/dimstyles/dimangular. In my work, this has become a huge time saver! Big thanks to "lamensterms" for helping me out with it.

-Nobull

(DEFUN C:D1 () (command ".dimstyle" "R" "YOUR DIMSTYLE HERE")  (setq LAYOR (getvar "CLAYER")) (COMMAND "CLAYER" "YOUR LAYER HERE")
(setq ocmd (getvar "CMDECHO"))
(setvar "cmdecho" 1)
(command "dimlinear" pause pause pause)
(setvar "cmdecho" 0)
(command "dimedit" "n" "?" "L" "")
(setvar "CMDECHO" ocmd)
(COMMAND "CLAYER" "YOUR LAYER HERE")
(setq p1(getpoint "\nPick first corner of window: "))
       (setq p2(getcorner p1 "\nOpposite corner: "))
       (setvar "plinewid" 0)
       (command "rectang" p1 p2)
(command "REVCLOUD" "O" (entlast) "N")
(setvar "CLAYER" LAYOR)
(PRINC)
)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tharwat

• paulmcz

• Rob-GB

• Nobull84

For an old timer like me bit hard to pick just 1, current work directory 324 lisps I have more directories, 1 client program directory 97 lisps, I am sure people like Lee will have mind boggle numbers. Picking one I would say my autodimensioning for house projects.

For an old timer like me bit hard to pick just 1, current work directory 324 lisps I have more directories, 1 client program directory 97 lisps, I am sure people like Lee will have mind boggle numbers. Picking one I would say my autodimensioning for house projects.

I have lots of them too but 5-6 exclusive ones i use daily.

Parsed down I have 3,300 + .LSP files with more that 31,000 (defun) statements. God only knows how many I've purged over the years. :)

My favourite is my Stair lisp, because it was my first and I was given advice jointly by members here and over at the swamp.(some overlap of members is more than probable ;) ) It reminds me both of my accomplishment and the huge generosity of the members of these forums for which I am thankful.

Rob.

One called LK.lsp for manipulating layers.

DOLS - Delete Objects on Layer Selected

LF - freeze all layers but the one picked.

LK - lock a layer with pick

LKA - lock all with pick except layer picked

LNP - Layer "No Plot" for layer picked

LP - Layer "Plot On" for layer picked

LKX - Lock all Xrefs, layers that start with XR, change below to your xref layer

UX - Unlock all Xrefs, layers that start with XR, change below to your xref layer

UA - Unlock all layers except Xrefs, layers that start with XR, change below to your xref layer

LC - Lock all layers except Current layer

ULK - Unlock layer picked

LK.LSP

One called LK.lsp for manipulating layers.

rkent,

That is an awesome one you've got there. I hope others will share their gems too. My company has something in place for plotting layers but I don't at home. I will probably incorporate that one. Thanks.

-Nobull

My favourite is my Stair lisp, because it was my first and I was given advice jointly by members here and over at the swamp.(some overlap of members is more than probable ;) ) It reminds me both of my accomplishment and the huge generosity of the members of these forums for which I am thankful.

Rob.

Rob-GB,

I'm not able to write anything yet. Just slight alterations. But I definitely agree with you on the helpfulness and generosity of the super-users on these forums. Props to all of them

-Nobull

From little acorns mighty oaks do grow :)

I've just got to get back into it as work dictated other avenues, mostly practical applications.....meaning I have been producing solid product rather than designing/drawing them.

I get to play with bits of wood more than ACAD but enjoy both and both benefit from the other.

Rob.

I have many custom commands I use daily, but few of them are really remarkable.

For example, a custom SelectSimilar routine - I can not imagine working without it; another is QuickDim which allows me to select and dimension blocks (insertion point only; never need to dimension objects inside blocks).

There are many others, but my all time favorite is a particular lisp utility, called map_sset, which processes selection sets. It is automatically loaded and I used it in many codes, like any other native lisp function.

I have lots of them too but 5-6 exclusive ones i use daily.

My favorite one is Cylinder with Sloped Bases, Screw Conveyor Helice,Concentric Cone,Eccentric Cone,Cone with Sloped Bases,Concentric Flanged Cone,Intersect. Cyl.- Cyl,Intersect. Legs on Flat/Conical Bottom,Intersect. Legs on F-D Bottom,Intersect. Legs on 2:1 Elliptic Bottom,Reducer Round - Rectang all in one file.

I also use use dev pad for developing tank nozzle pads.

Pipe , tee , elbow and tee lisp.

Pipe reducer lsp.

And the the last one found on this site from Angelo M.Bozzone dish head one.

Thank you Angelo it beat's them all..

R