Polylines not showing up when drafting

nunzie

Specific only to one drawing, I launch the polyline command at the command prompt, click on the drawing where I want it to start, click on the next point where I want the polyline and no line is drawn. It gives information, etc. but no polyline. I have checked current layer, color, etc. to no avail. I have purged. I have copied everything into a new drawing to no avail. If I open a new drawing, polyline works as it should. This is happening only in this drawing. Please help.

In such cases first suspect is current layer being set to OFF (the bulb icon).

Please clarify, other draw commands were affected by this behaviour or just PLINE?

I'm with MSasu on this one. The layer you are drawing on may be "current" but it may also be "off" as well. Usually one is given a warning when they are about to turn a layer "off" if it happens to be current.

LayerOFF.JPG

WBlock everything out that you need from the drawing and save under a new name. Open a new drawing and insert the block. Now draw a polyline. What happens?

All layers are on, not frozen, not locked, model space only, layer plot is on, new layer, existing layer, no plines.

Curious. What color is the layer you are drawing your polylines on and what color is the background?

• 5 years later...