AutoCAD 2015 What's New

jdits7

As an avid AutoCAD supporter, I'm totally not getting into this debate...

...but what do you do if you really need LISP?

I don't think we'll ever go to Revit just because everyone we work with uses AutoCAD, it does what we need, and it's a lot cheaper. But that's not to say Revit couldn't do what we need. That being said, we rely heavily on customization... what do you say to those people? Merely curious.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• Patrick Hughes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... can we stay on topic... or at least limit discussion to the relevant product family?

I could not have said it any better myself. :)

And please keep personal comments out of the forum.

It seems that the new PURGE command deals with the LINETYPE BLOAT issues which have been plagueing the last few releases,

and will now jettison ORPHANED entities, such as Microstation DGN linetypes, which was way overdue. :)

... the new PURGE command deals with the LINETYPE BLOAT ....Microstation DGN

And it keeps that bloat from propagating from drawing to drawing (via copy/paste for example)

It seems that the new PURGE command deals with the LINETYPE BLOAT issues which have been plagueing the last few releases,

and will now jettison ORPHANED entities, such as Microstation DGN linetypes, which was way overdue. :)

This will be extremely useful, we run into this all the time with client drawings.

Lol, the badge icon serves no purpose and is redundant in my opinion but I don't care about it too much really.

I understand - but often I keep dynamic input off (new to me so I'm getting used to its oddities) so I find the badges useful when grip operation cycling.

Someone still uses Blipmode?:shock: That is soooooo Stoneage dude!:P

I know, right? I find them useful to know where I've previously picked something - or even a confirmation that a snapped pick point was correct. The selection preview features helps on the selection thing now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49414[/ATTACH]

... can we stay on topic... or at least limit discussion to the relevant product family?

LOL Well the badges part is.

I really like the command results preview thing, with the exception that it always seems to guess wrong for offset. The preview offsets before my cursor goes to a side, and it's almost always wrong.

Oh my, it' the last day of my trial period.

Not sure who is counting but Service pack 1 is out for 2105 how many days ? Its ok service pack 4 will fix everything due by christmas. :lol:

Yeah.... for the previous 3 years, SP1 wasn't released until September, so it's good they got the first Service Pack out earlier this year (unfortunately this SP doesn't address the issues that I need fixed in order to move to 2015)